Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How long on average have people spent working for an employer?

@WispaRed7

An assistant tax collectror? You sound much too nice a person to do that and I'd imagine it didn't come with much in the way of job satisfaction.

Thanks for all your replies people, it's given me plenty to think about.

Highlighted
Topics: 260

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

@WispaRed7

An assistant tax collectror? You sound much too nice a person to do that and I'd imagine it didn't come with much in the way of job satisfaction.

No, not much job satisfaction, you're right there @Anonymous

When I did a good job going out in the pool car collecting overdue tax in people's homes / business premises the rest of the office staff as good as sneered at me

The hapless taxpayer telephoning to say his books were at his accountants, only to be 'torn off a strip' when you rang them

The taxpayers who shouted 'We pay your wages' down the phone at you

This was in one of the Leeds offices then Rochdale ... many years ago

Now the Inland Revenue is HMRC ... it used to be separate Collectors / Inspectors / DHSS (nic)

My so called career as a civil servant was abysmal ... far better placements now I'd say

Thank you for saying I'm a nice person ... smiling ... tho' I do have my moments Smiley Wink where I'm kinda firing off like a loose canon 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Level 16: Talkative

I've been at my current employer for 5 years 9 months.  It is my second spell here. I worked here between 2002-2006 also before returning in 2013.

Thanks

Steve
Highlighted
Level 13: Prompter

@welshsteve76what made you go back to the same place? You often hear people saying don't do that?