Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: How do I put an animated GIF in Signature?

@Toby wrote:

Could this be our first O2 Community GIF signature @Anonymous ?

I cant remember anyone else having one?

If so, you're a pioneer! Smiley Wink

I think @jonsie also has a GIF signature Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Former Staff

@jonsie wrote:

Did you not see mine a few days ago @Toby ?Smiley Wink

@Toby wrote:

Hahaha oh yes I did indeed. Smiley Happy

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
Anonymous

@MI5 wrote:

@Toby wrote:

Yeah, it will be great loading them all up on a gprs connection when mobile Crazy

Will GIFs cause any greater loading problems than (a) elaborate Avatars and Profile pictures and (b) photos inserted within messages?

Highlighted
Topics: 128
Blog Posts: 1

Sorry I was a little sardonic there, my name means I was derived from Elvis Presleys middle name. This time I am joking.

Bouncy

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Highlighted
Topics: 34
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

@Anonymous I am Scottish, with grand parents from Belfast, so I embrace both . And yes, Cairdeas is Gaelic for friendship 😊 x

firewind20-zpskhyyp5fa
Highlighted
Topics: 570

It does take longer to load up avatars and images but no more than any other sites. All depends on strength of signal or wifi connection.Don't see a problem myself if you want gif images in your signature and if it was a problem on here there would be a limit as to what you could include, just as there is a limit on the size of photo you can upload....?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Cairdeas wrote:

@Anonymous I am Scottish, with grand parents from Belfast, so I embrace both . And yes, Cairdeas is Gaelic for friendship 😊 x

I was born in Belfast and lived there until I was married and we moved to a nearby town (that now has City status though no one can really understad why).  We have had some great holidays in Scotland and my elder brother worked for many years in the National Library of Scotland in Edinburgh.  One can always be certain of a warm welcome in Scotland (though I do find it difficult at times to understand the accent especially in and around the Glasgow area).  

Highlighted

lol I'm about 10 miles from Glasgow, and even I don't understand them at times Smiley Tongue Ido love the Norn Irn accent tho Smiley Wink x

firewind20-zpskhyyp5fa
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Cairdeas wrote:

lol I'm about 10 miles from Glasgow, and even I don't understand them at times Smiley Tongue Ido love the Norn Irn accent tho Smiley Wink x

LOL - Glad I am not the only one then!    Last time we were over we stayed in a great B&B at Helensborough and had a very interesting day at the Burrell Collection and Pollok Country Park.   After exploring the Loch Lomond area we went on up to Inverness and eventually back via Pitlochry, which is quite a nice place. 

Highlighted

Ah yes, I do love that part of Scotland. It's beautiful. Our nearest Country Park is Strathclyde, Motherwell. A man made lake , but my dog loves it there..apart from the swans. He's a woose Smiley Tongue x

firewind20-zpskhyyp5fa