Did you mean: 

Hospital and Iphone ban...

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Apologies about the title ...aimed purely to get attention...:smileywink:

However, this is a story linked to 'personal' experience...but may serve as a timely warning to everybody?....

My brother in law (currently in hospital at the moment), has the iPhone 6+....... (he is a guy who has always had the latest in everything ....so at age 80 who can blame him?)

However.... the hospital is having none of it... (I don't think THEY have a bias toward Android but.....)
They will not leave the phone in his possession. The powers that be have said they will take NO responsibility for the loss or damage to this £650+ phone

(He is a little confused at times but they assure me that is not the sole reason...)

I was told it is policy..
So now if he wants to use his phone.... this poor guy has to ask for it to be taken out of the locked cupboard on the ward...(and has to sign for it..)
It just shows how times have moved on since I was last working on the wards....THEN we locked up expensive jewellery and large sums of money.....now we risk phones being locked away unless we sign a disclaimer

I am not saying this will be the policy in all hospitals...but this one is a very large teaching hospital in the Midlands...

EDIT: I have been requested to change the title..which I have. My story is about an iPhone however so that will remain wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
Message 31 of 31