Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Anonymous

Home automation kit: what have you got?

Quite small scale for me at the minute.

I have a Hive thermostat and an Amazon Echo Dot.

The Hive account is linked to the Dot so I can say "Echo, ask Hive to set the heating to 21.5 Degrees" for example.

It's also good for reminders, random music choices and it'll give me a fact of the day.

Thinking of adding some smart lightbulbs too.

What have you got and is there anyone here that has actually bought a Wi-Fi kettle?

Then again, I was suprised to pass a Samsung washing machine in John Lewis that had it's own app a couple of years back.

Topics: 677

Re: Home automation kit: what have you got?

A wifi kettle?? Never heard of it. Confused

What happens if the WiFi drops out? No constant cups of tea for Cleo is what! *Tuts* LOL

The Hive thermostat sounds a good idea although it would probably short out in this house. My husband demanding Dot to turn it down... whilst I would contradict him every five minutes

Seriously though, I haven't anything like that.

Though I would like a robot who would hang the washing out when the machine finished (and bring it in and iron the lot) Smiley Tongue

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Nor have I though I like @Cleoriff's idea of a robot who would do the ironing but I would add the washing up and drying and vaccuming. That would be heaven 😍
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Level 27: Desk Jockey

I had the O2 home full kit when it was available. Now I have the echo, Tado thermostat and I’ve retained the Yale smart lock. I have a number of sensors and smart plugs from elagato which work with Apple HomeKit but Apple HomeKit has a long way to go to be useful. Also have two Logitech circle 2 cameras
Topics: 547

I have an alert pendant......

Community Manager

I've always wanted a robot hoover. I have to hoover often due to having two cats so I wish I could just press a button on the hoover and it would remove all the loose cat hair from the living room. I wonder if it would be able to switch to a different room by itself once "done" in the previous one.

It might also provide some entertainment to the cats. sweat smile Based on some videos I've seen on YouTube.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 677

My cats would just skedaddle rapidly at the first sign of a robot hoover. (Apart from Bugsy, who is fast approaching 20 years of age).....He would just slope off slowly and hide under the table Cat

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 41: Prodigal

I have the Tado thermostat as I was also part of the o2 Home trial, and still have the kit from that dotted around the house.
I am hoping to get a new hub so I can get at least some of it working, but that would depend on getting some time to play. Not looking likely...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band