Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home In Lyrics - Beatles` Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the seventh in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

HOME IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is a list of home-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find the song, or songs, in which each word appears.

The Challenge is open to everyone - new members and long-time members.

Most people will know some of the Beatles` songs, so whether you have an extensive collection or not, why not come and join in. I`m sure that the other regular players will make you feel welcome.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other home-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but to find the songs in which the words in the list appear.

Should you find any of the words in the list are in songs which are not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision.

Answers which are "live" recordings; in BBC sessions; Polydor records [My Bonny or Ain`t She Sweet];

bootlegs; unreleased tracks; or only in the Anthology series; or in Revolution 9, are not accepted.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [home-related word] in [name of song it appears in].

This Challenge will open at 10pm tomorrow [Thursday 30 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 10pm Friday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after 11pm up to 10pm the next day.

The list of home-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 372
371 REPLIES 371

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Apparently, I forgot you saying that as well @Cleoriff. Not having a good day today, one way and another joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 61 of 372

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Nope not really. Add to that my neighbour has been a great friend for 30 years...so all in all a bit sad and awful.  Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Not going to beat @MI5 to FFF, so no point trying. Lol x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 372

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to hear your sad news @Cleoriff 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 64 of 372

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your loss, @Cleoriff slight_frown

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 65 of 372

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry to hear that Den x
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 66 of 372

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks guys. Apologies for blurting that out on here, not the right place really.

I'll paste the smile back on tomorrow, otherwise I will send myself to The Naughty Step. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 372

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hey, no apologies needed Den, you're going to miss her. It's not something you get past overnight.

Message 68 of 372

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Sorry to hear that, @Cleoriff.

PS. FFF's a faff anyway, there's a whole day to get answers in - it's only a game, after all. 💐
Message 69 of 372

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Sorry to hear that, @Cleoriff.

PS. FFF's a faff anyway, there's a whole day to get answers in - it's only a game, after all. 💐

Thanks @pgn x

Also what you say is quite true, it's only a game. I've won FFF twice, so time for my poor cronky fingers to have a rest joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 372