cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi-De-Hi campers!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to love Saturday evening tv as a kid. And watching Hi-De-Hi was a weekend favourite! Was just reading an article, HERE .. 30 years ago since it finished its run.. 19million viewers.. I don’t think anything gets that these days..

So what were you doing / watching 30 years ago???

(Noel Edmunds has to feature in this thread somewhere!!!)

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I remember Eldorado @Anonymous It was pretty useless...though I loved it at the time as we had just bought an apartment on the Costa Del Sol.

So I could recognise places close to our holiday home..

One of our friends owned a restaurant out there and was often visited by the cast and crew. It was a shortlived series and if honest I missed it. Not for the plot lines but the location...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 28

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I remember Big Valley @Anonymous. Loved that show and Barbara Stanwyck. What a terrific actor she was. She was born in Brooklyn, New York like my mum but you couldn't tell from her accent.

And The Lone Ranger takes me back to my childhood.

Blimey what memories all these shows bring back. Quality shows and a lot less adverts. The good ole days 😊

Bringing up Dynasty reminded me of Rock Hudson who appeared in a few episodes before he died. I was never a fan but I cried the first epsidode he was in; he was so thin and looked so ill it was heartbreaking.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 22 of 28

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes I also remember Eldorado. The series itself was dire but I watched it for the beautuful locations.

Eastenders, though I no longer watch it and haven't done for years, is a far better soap. I prefer Doctors, though.

Message 23 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

All our yesterdays ....

Funnily enough I think that's the title of an American soap LOL My mum used to watch all of them when she retired. 

Message 25 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It was a tv programme here in the 60s but it looked back 25 years on a weekly basis. By the late 60s it was all old newsreels of the war. Very boring then and was taken off sometime in the 70s.....i think... Bill Grundy maybe

Message 26 of 28

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh yeah I vaguely remember the show. I'd only arrived here in '69 and didn't have a telly until a friend from work gave me an old one that needed fixing. It only got BBC1 and ITV but not BBC2. Seems strange now with all the channels to choose from.

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsiewrote:

It was a tv programme here in the 60s but it looked back 25 years on a weekly basis. By the late 60s it was all old newsreels of the war. Very boring then and was taken off sometime in the 70s.....i think... Bill Grundy maybe

I remember the tv programme very well @jonsie ... watched it a lot ... it seemed to end with Dior's 'New Look'

Image result for images of Dior's New Look

No wonder the models waist was corsetted under the Dior coat

In Great Britain, undergoing post WWII austerity, ... it caused an uproar because of the amount of fabric required

Message 28 of 28