Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So after mulling over my options at the end of my current contract, I decided to stick with my phone and move to a 12 month sim only - there is nothing out there that I HAVE to have that justifies the additional monthly cost at this point, and my v30 is still fine.

Or so I thought...

On Sunday night I managed to drop my phone and have now broken the screen. It's right in the bottom corner on the chin so it doesn't actually interfere with the phone working in any way (it's not somewhere I touch to interact with the phone, nor is it under the display).

What it does do is really annoy me that I've been through 23 months and 14 days without any issues and now this.

So, does anyone have experience/information on how to repair this short of replacing the whole display?

I was thinking of trying the superglue / clear nail varnish method but has anyone tried this and does it work?

chip_screen.png

20200218_105323.jpg

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I’ve seen glass repair glue advertised but never tried it.
The adverts would have you believe it works miracles though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah I'm rather dubious of those as well @MI5.
Have you ever repaired a screen or just replaced the screen/device?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Would normally just replace the screen.
I’ve not done a V30 but most aren’t too difficult to do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Oh nooo sorry to hear about your phone screen @gmarkj weary It sucks when that happens. My cat dropped my phone once and it resulted in a crack on the front screen. Not TOO bad, but hen he did it again a couple of days later and the screen was totally smashed in tiny little pieces.

Message 5 of 10

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Have you though about buying the same model phone or going to 3rd party
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gmarkj If you're happy with the phone, why not get a quote to repair it and compare it to buying a refurbished one from Amazon or CEX? Amazon offers a 1 year renewed guarantee on some. Not sure what the CEX policy is, but it might be worth the time to shop around.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @gmarkj
Do you really need to do anything?
Or are you thinking it could get worse?
I have put my phone in a full wrap over case protects it from drops.
Good luck with your choice and very sorry to hear about the phone suppose it happens. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 10

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Will take a walk to a phone repair place today to see what the charge would be.
While there will see if anywhere has the same one or something similar.
Not confident about doing the screen replacement myself so not going to do that one!
The corner that is broken is not in the main part of the screen but is sharp and there are some cracks going round or from there so do need to do something.
Definitely don't want it to get worse...
Thanks all for your input and help!

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know what the outcome is.
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10