Anonymous
Not applicable
For iPhone / iPad owners.

iOS 8.1 is now live to download.
Message 1 of 190
189 REPLIES 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm really not too bothered about this, I'm happy using 4G that I've waited for.
Message 121 of 190

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@amcleod wrote:

Since (I'm pretty sure) iOS 8 , all the references to 'Mobile' and 'Mobile Data Network' have been changed to 'Cellular' and 'Cellular Data Network' (talk about being separated by a common language).  What iOS version was on the device from which that screenshot was taken?

Message 122 of 190

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@GeorgeStark wrote:

Since (I'm pretty sure) iOS 8 , all the references to 'Mobile' and 'Mobile Data Network' have been changed to 'Cellular' and 'Cellular Data Network' (talk about being separated by a common language).  What iOS version was on the device from which that screenshot was taken?

Change your language settings to English (United Kingdom).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 123 of 190

GeorgeStark
Level 3: Thinker
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I already have my phone set to English, but your comment made me double check the exact setting...

Yes, if it's set to simply 'English', you get 'Cellular' and if it's set to 'English (U.K.)', it changes to 'Mobile'.  Smiley LOL  Good spot!  lol

Message 124 of 190

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Those Americans still think theirs is English language LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 125 of 190

amcleod
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@GeorgeStark

That screenshot was taken on my wife's iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1 and carrier setting 18.0
Message 126 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the iPhone 5 won't work on o2's 4G service I'm guessing why that part of the carrier file has not updated - maybe.
Message 127 of 190

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I agree.

If that's the case, it's even more evidence that this is caused by the carrier settings.  The screenshot still shows carrier settings v18.0, but it's intelligent enough to not apply the 4G toggle on a device that isn't 4G enabled.

Message 128 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
No argument from me. slight_smile

Apple have stated its the carrier settings - controlled by the networks - I'm hoping Toby is able to get some clarity on this.
Message 129 of 190

GeorgeStark
  • 71 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Message 130 of 190