Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Anonymous

Re: Happy Pancake Day! How do you like your pancakes?

Greasy horrible things... ugh... no thanks..

although the Finnish version does look slightly more appealing!

Topics: 544

I hate pancakes, far too stodgy for me although I have tried them in recent years Los Angeles at IHOP. I found them exactly the same and as for maple leaf syrup....... Yuk!! Give me HP sauce with them and I might just try them again 😉

Highlighted
Topics: 669

A proper pancake should NEVER be thick and there is no excuse for it ever being greasy.

Cooked properly, with lemon and sugar added is the only way for me...though my husband likes jam on his..Rolleys

Related image

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

@Cleoriff For me pancakes are thick, and if it's not thick, it's a crêpe. Smiley Tongue

@jonsie's idea of HP sauce in pancakes is interesting Thoughful Reminds me the best (American style) pancakes I've had was in a breakfast place in San Francisco; fluffy and moderately thick pancakes with whipped cream and fresh berries on top, with a side of crispy bacon strips Drool and roasted herb potatoes. And a big cup of black coffee of course!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

[ Edited ]

@Marjowrote:

@Cleoriff For me pancakes are thick, and if it's not thick, it's a crêpe. Smiley Tongue

It depends where you came from @Marjo. My Mum was a Geordie and her pancakes were cooked thin.

I doubt she had ever heard of crepes....Smiley Wink

My Nan and Aunty were from Yorkshire and they always served thin pancakes. To me a thick pancake is a Yorkshire pudding Smiley Very Happy

I have tried pancakes made in the US. Covered with fruit and maple syrup....I enjoyed them at the time but the calories, oh the calories.....LOL

PS @jonsie would pour HP sauce over everything I think....joy

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 544

I shall be taking a box full back with me.... even my wife loves it 😉

Topics: 247

@Marjo my mum made her pancakes thin as @Cleoriff has described ... sadly she did not pass the recipe on to me ... when I try to make pancakes, well, they are inedible = like foam rubber 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry

@WispaRed7wrote:

@Marjo my mum made her pancakes thin as @Cleoriff has described ... sadly she did not pass the recipe on to me ... when I try to make pancakes, well, they are inedible = like foam rubber 

See...and @WispaRed7 is a Yorkshire lass....Whistle

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 247

@Cleoriffwrote:

@WispaRed7wrote:

See...and @WispaRed7 is a Yorkshire lass....Whistle

lolz @Cleoriff

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry