Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy National Siblings Day

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Today's the day. Today, it's time to celebrate National Siblings Day. Many of us have brothers and sisters and if you're like me, you'll have memories of when you didn't get on, and ones where there was nothing but love.

Growing up, me and my brother didn't get along - we drove each other crazy, to the point it was one of the deciding factors of me moving out and getting my own place. Fast forward a good 10-or-so years though and we're best buds. I was even one of his best men at his wedding!

What's your fondest memory with your brother and/or sister and why?

PS. If your siblings (or other family members) aren't yet on O2, there's never been a better time to recommend them to O2. With our Family Plan, you can get up to a 50% discount on airtime plans. So spread the love, and get them signed up heart_eyes

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

There were 7 of us, but I only got on with my younger sister.. 14 months between us.. inseparable for our school years.. but adulthood has left us miles apart both geographically and emotionally.

I still treasure the good times, but she ain’t half a stubborn 2 faced cow these days! 

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I had one sister. We were half siblings. Same Mum different Dad. She was 9 years older than me and it's fair to say whilst we were growing up we didn't get on at all.

She felt I was the favoured one and I probably was but I was young and knew no better.

She left home and went on to teacher training college then got married. When I was about to get married we seemed to click and got on very well. She was expecting her 4th child when I was expecting my first and we really bonded.We were best friends for years.

Sadly and without any warning she developed cancer of the pancreas when she was 70. She died within six weeks. I still miss her today and everyday. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Aww sorry to hear that Cleoriff 😞

Like you and your sister in the earlier days, me and my brother really didn't see eye to eye. I have friends who were in similar situations and even in their late 20's and early 30's, their relationships with their siblings are still as bad as ever, so for our siblings to have turned into our friends... It seems almost rare.

Keep the memories of her close to your heart, it might make tough days a little easier to get through

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_KThanks for that. I do remember her every day. Things she said and made me laugh.

Funnily enough when she trained to be a teacher she did me a favour. I was very competitive (and immature lol) so I decided I would take up a profession to make Mum and Dad as proud of me as they were of her.

That was the reason I chose Nursing.

Not because I wanted to be Florence Nightingale...or help care for people...just that I wanted to make my parents proud.

The best decision of my life. I didn't realise I would love it as much as I did.

In later years my sister and I laughed about the reason I went into nursing. She was just as proud of me as my parents and supported me every step of the way. She was a one off...heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5