Happy Halloween!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

The spookiest time of the year is upon us, and I hope you're all ready ghost 

There are many ways to enjoy Halloween, whether it's with a quiet night at home waiting for trick-or-treaters, a scare-fest from the comfort of your couch, or by attending one of many themed events. 

How do you celebrate Halloween? If you like to dress-up, what's your all-time favourite costume? Do you prefer a night of horror movies and halloween-themed treats? 

I'm curious to hear all about your Halloween plans! jack_o_lantern

halloween-illustration.jpg

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm lucky in that I live in a quiet-ish area where there are no kids hanging about so I'm never bothered much with any antics.  There again it's my first year here and in hoping it will be as peaceful as the rest of the year has been.

Message 11 of 44

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Love that picture LOL

@Glory1

I did know about your plans, but would be curious to know which movies you decided on in the end? Unlike @gmarkj I'm a scaredy cat but still curious ghost

@Bambino

I'd never seen the New Yorker's spooky covers before, but this made me curious and there have been some amazing ones!

@Anonymous

Not a fan then? It can be fun to just stay home and watch some quality TV or films, it doesn't have to be a big celebration wink

@jonsie

Hoping you'll have a quiet one, no tricks fingers_crossed

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Would be interested what the films are @Glory1 - bit of a horror fan myself...

Well, @gmarkj (and @EmilieT) here's a list of what I'm bringing. I know we won't get through them all but these are some of my favourites, and I wanted a decent selection

The Haunting: the original from '63 not the dreadful remake. My all-time favourite which still scares me!

Ju-on and Ju-on 2 (Grudge and Grudge 2): the original Japanese versions, far scarier than the Hollywood remakes.

Ringu (The Ring): again the Japanese version.

Jeepers Creepers

The Skeleton Key: love the ending, you just don't see it coming!

Dog Soldiers: probably my favourite werewolf film.

Paranormal Activity: the sequels were pants, this was the best and scariest.

Dark Waters: again Japanese version.

Drag Me to Hell

It Follows

Let the Right One In: original Swedish version far better than the Hollywood remake.

It was very difficult for me to choose as I have so many. And, as I say, I doubt we'll get through them all but I tried to bring a selection of the best to choose from. My friends, unlike me, scare fairly easily so it'll be fun watching their reactions joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I should have added you'll see nothing of me before the sun sets. Don't know what time we'll get to sleep but it'll be very very late. Also a certain amount of recovering from an overindulgence in alcoholic spirits is very likely. 

So have a fun Halloween night, whatever you have planned and see y'all again sometime after dark tomorrow.

Blimey, I sound like a vampire,,,,,,,,so I'll be rising out of my coffin after dark.....LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Sun has already set here .....don't come knocking on my door you vampire you joy

Seriously though have a great night....and if any of you or your friends hear tapping at the window....don't open it @Glory1

Image result for images of vampire at the window

(Taken from Salems Lot...another spooky film....) jack_o_lantern

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 44

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Batten dawn the hatches & wait till it’s all over..

I know the feeling jack_o_lantern

Message 16 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Batten dawn the hatches & wait till it’s all over..

I know the feeling jack_o_lantern

Yep, turned off all the house lights facing the road & pulled down the kitchen blind ... the cat's inside ... passed 2 spookily faced hoodies on way home from the regular afternoon / early evening pub session ... was just not quick enough to avoid 2 little 'uns with their dad ... lad was a skeleton ... little girl had a black multi sparkly witch's hat on with party frock = they each had little yellow buckets, so I found 1 pound coin & enough silver to make up £1 ... very polite / well mannered children, Their dad was smiling as were the lovely kids = they make my day & I said so ... a bit of banter with the 'older' boy = he wished me 'Happy Easter' & I wished him / them a 'Happy Christmas'  santa ... I wished all 3 of them a Good Evening & drew down the kitchen blind as a signal to all callers to leave me alone *tsk tsk* ... ... ... was once frightened by a teenager dressed  up with 'The Scream' mask & all in floating black ... SCARY jack_o_lantern

Message 17 of 44

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's all over here, kids must have been told to leave the old folks alone Happy Dance

Message 18 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, let’s encourage our kids to beg..

FRO

Message 19 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123132 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Not had one knock on the door tonight.....

Kids must have been scared off with all the rumours of 'that old witch' scream

Image result for images of old crones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 44