Halloween Movie Night! - Cabin in the Woods

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

jeshoots-com-PpYOQgsZDM4-unsplash.jpg

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to the communities seventh movie night!

After 3 days of voting we worked our way down to one winner, Cabin in the Woods! 

How does it work? Well, as always we will all gather here tonight at 8pm and simultaneously start watching the film. The comment section will give us the opportunity to then discuss on the who's and what's of the film whilst watching it. The film itself is readily available on Netflix, so we hope a lot of you can join but feel free to get involved even if you only have Cabin in the Woods on a Blu-Ray or another streaming service. 

Looking forward to seeing you all here at 8pm with the popcorn at the ready! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'd totally forgotten about the killer unicorn! 😅

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 26

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

To be honest, I wish Hereditary had won 😅

Message 22 of 26

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@RafaC Maybe Hereditary will come up in another movie night! I still need to see that film so when we do another horror night it will be up for a vote. 

I quite enjoyed Cabin in the Woods! A bit silly at times but a really original concept behind the plot helped it a lot.  

signature

Message 23 of 26

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Kind of threw everything into the last 20 mins that didn't quite make sense to me. Ok film but expect a big leap of WTF. Not quite sure if it was meant to be a sort of parody of the horror genre or trying to be serious enough to be different. 

Message 24 of 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well that was a waste of an evening.

Can`t really think of anything which impressed me which is why I didn`t comment during the film, which was one of those "it can only get better" but didn`t.

With so many Halloween-related movies on Netfix, I`m sure there could have been a better choice, and even with the ones we were offered, Hereditary would have been a much better watch.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not one of my favourite films but I watched it all the same. I liked the film up until the start of the revelation (The first time I saw it) But then it goes far too OTT for me, but I suppose it is original/different.

Two other recent cabin films I like are: Don't Blink and Mine Games.

I'm hoping that Hereditary will win the vote one day in the future. 

Message 26 of 26