Did you mean: 

Guinness World Records 2017

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, how's your Thursday?

I read this article on Metro the other day about the new Guinness World Records. There are some pretty funny and strange records apparently. Did any of you have a chance to read the book yet? (Or are you interested in such things?) grin

Apparently this is the world's tallest dog, 96.4cm tall. She eats sitting on a chair because she has trouble reaching the floor. open_mouth

lizzy-tallest-female-dog-0076.jpg

I spotted this one on the Guinness World Records website and I realised I've stopped for lunch where this monster truck was on display during my USA trip near Las Vegas. It's supposed to be the world's longest monster truck:

Monster truck

And then there's this Confused LOL longest fingernails ever (they're real and she's grown them since the 70s)

992981.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
15-Sep-2016 - this post must hold the record for the Community's oldest unanswered post...

Well, not any more 🤣
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Guiness World Records don`t always get it right.

In a recent quiz on the Community, the question was posed:
Where is the tower with the greatest lean?

One member answered "Church of Suurhusen, Germany" without cheating by checking Guiness World Record. It wouldn`t have mattered if she had because that`s what Guinness World Records says and it is wrong.

The tower with the greatest lean is the keep of Bridgnorth Castle, Shropshire, here in the UK (as verified by the Bridgnorth tourist board and other sources).

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Guiness World Records don`t always get it right.

In a recent quiz on the Community, the question was posed:
Where is the tower with the greatest lean?

One member answered "Church of Suurhusen, Germany" without cheating by checking Guiness World Record. It wouldn`t have mattered if she had because that`s what Guinness World Records says and it is wrong.

The tower with the greatest lean is the keep of Bridgnorth Castle, Shropshire, here in the UK (as verified by the Bridgnorth tourist board and other sources).

Yes that was me. I was a bit cocky as well... as I was positive I was right. Duh Me!

There you go ...I always say every day is a school day on here. (I am right about that!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5