Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 134

Re: Great British Bake Off 2019

@Cleoriff and @EmilieT 

I`m looking forward to see what "little twist" will be in this week`s showstopper.

As I`ll be running the Word Hunt game, I`ll have to watch GBBO on catchup tomorrow, so spoilers please slight smile in posts after tonight`s show... thanks..

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 695

Ok @Mi-Amigo 

Spoilers it is....

*The Game Is On*

Former Staff

I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow evening either @Mi-Amigo, so will check @Cleoriff's spoiler tagged thoughts first thing Thursday morning!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Thanks @Cleoriff for spoilers...

@EmilieT . I don`t think I could wait until Thursday to check out the spoilers. You have a lot more patience than me... [Patience is not one of my virtues sweat smile

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Former Staff

@Mi-Amigo joy

It's not really patience - I have to work Wednesday so won't be able to catch-up until Wednesday evening, so Thursday first thing is the earliest I can be all caught up and comment here Smiley Wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

So Dessert week. A bit controversial in my opinion.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Priya went home. (Not before time)
Steph got star baker again (although I honestly would have given it to Alice.)
Sorry not a lot of info about the bakes but I was multi-tasking Lol. The showstoppers (Bombe) were wonderful.

*The Game Is On*

Just watched GBBO on ctach up and here`s my view under a spoiler...

Spoiler

Pryia struggled this week and so did Henry but I don`t think he did as bad as Pryia, who quite rightly was sent home.

Although Steph can obviously bake and, in my opinion, deserved star baker last week, I thought that Alice, who came top in the technical and produced what looked like a great signature and got praise from Paul and Pru for her showstopper, should have been star baker this week - she really doesn`t seem to see how good she is.    

Robert Kennedy.

Former Staff

[ Edited ]

All caught up now, guys! I'm nto sure if spoiler tags are needed or not anymore (@viridis are you following this year's series and all cuaght up too?), but just in case, here we go:

Spoiler
I was really relieved to see the one who left this time seemed to finally be the right person, and I agree with you guys that Alice should have won star baker. Steph also produced a gorgeous showstopper but I think Alice's signature and technical bakes were much better ... A good week overall, and some delicious and impressive showstoppers once again!  

signature

Pleased you`ve got to see it and have caught up @EmilieT.

Don`t know if we still need spoilers but here goes anyway

Spoiler
Before Star Baker was announced, Alice whispered she thought Steph deserved it. I`ll be honest. Earlier, to me, Steph seemed to shine and I didn`t really notice Alice but after this week - and especially with her winning the technical - Alice could be the dark horse in the competition and maybe even win it [if only she had a bit more self-belief and confidence].

Not sure what`s coming up next week.... Anyone catch it?

Robert Kennedy.

I agree about the spoiler tags @EmilieT . As only 3 people are posting on the thread, I don't think the 3rd one posting needs a spoiler.

Anyway, I'm pleased we agree on who went and who star baker should have been innocent

*The Game Is On*