Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I did notice that about Michael @EmilieT.

I think this was definitely the best show I've seen on Ch4.

The result was a shock, a bit like the tortoise and the hare really. As Viridis said, Steph smashed it week in week out and then fell apart when it mattered. (As did Alice)

My personal favourite to win was Alice, simply because Steph was Pauls favourite after Priya went. I disliked the way he only cuddled her after the result, leaving Alice to deal with it on her own (and she had been so worried about her parents getting there)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 171 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally agree with all the points you made @Cleoriff .

I hope that Steph and Alice both get some recognition after GBBO and would be great to see both of them [either together or separately] presenting a baking show.

Just a thought... I wonder if there is any chance that Ch4 might do a "Champion of Champions GBBO" [like BGT] with previous finalists going head-to-head - but bring in an independent top baker [other than Paul and Prue] to judge? We`d then get to see Alice, Steph and David take on another set of challenges.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 172 of 172