Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Makes sense thumbsup As I'm only the last one to catch-up, I'll be spoiler-tag free then innocent

@Mi-Amigo I think next week is ... maybe Festival week? I briefly saw some costumes and colours before turning the TV off.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 91 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

It's Festival Week for the next episode. A first for GBBO.... Should be good.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT and @Cleoriff 

Festival Week? That sounds like it could be really good... No doubt the technical will be a real challenge [and I think it`s Paul`s turn to choose it]. 

As for who might struggle, Henry will, no doubt, try and bounce back, but not sure who else might find it hard... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 93 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Sun [online] has some information on the deadline for applications for the next GBBO in 2020, and has also revealed a few details of the process and what contestants face read more 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 94 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Having read the entry criteria @Mi-Amigo ...I think I will just sit and watch it...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 95 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo What a process dizzy

I'll be watching this week's episode Wednesday as usual, so looking forward to discussing it Thursday smiling

signature

Message 96 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff and @EmilieT 

I`ll be watching this week`s GBBO on catch-up on Wednesday, so will post after that under spoiler.

Have either of you got your favourites for the winner yet?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 97 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo I think Steph and Alice have good chances, and Michael might make it to the last few contestants too. I quite like Henry, he's funny and has good ideas slight_smile

signature

Message 98 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo I think Steph and Alice have good chances, and Michael might make it to the last few contestants too. I quite like Henry, he's funny and has good ideas slight_smile

Thanks @EmilieT 

Early on, I thought Steph had the edge and would walk it, but now I think Alice could give Steph a run and be in with a chance, with Henry as the outside bet.... So, at the moment, my three for the final are Alice [to win]; Steph [second]; Henru [third].

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 99 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I do like Alice. I think she has been undermarked...and felt she should have got star baker last week. So I hope she gets it this week. I also like Steph and Henry....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 172