Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff and @EmilieT 

I`m looking forward to see what "little twist" will be in this week`s showstopper.

As I`ll be running the Word Hunt game, I`ll have to watch GBBO on catchup tomorrow, so spoilers please slight_smile in posts after tonight`s show... thanks..

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 81 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok @Mi-Amigo 

Spoilers it is....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow evening either @Mi-Amigo, so will check @Cleoriff's spoiler tagged thoughts first thing Thursday morning!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 83 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for spoilers...

@EmilieT . I don`t think I could wait until Thursday to check out the spoilers. You have a lot more patience than me... [Patience is not one of my virtues sweat_smile

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 84 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo joy

It's not really patience - I have to work Wednesday so won't be able to catch-up until Wednesday evening, so Thursday first thing is the earliest I can be all caught up and comment here wink

signature

Message 85 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So Dessert week. A bit controversial in my opinion.

More info
More info
Priya went home. (Not before time)
Steph got star baker again (although I honestly would have given it to Alice.)
Sorry not a lot of info about the bakes but I was multi-tasking Lol. The showstoppers (Bombe) were wonderful.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just watched GBBO on ctach up and here`s my view under a spoiler...

More info

Pryia struggled this week and so did Henry but I don`t think he did as bad as Pryia, who quite rightly was sent home.

Although Steph can obviously bake and, in my opinion, deserved star baker last week, I thought that Alice, who came top in the technical and produced what looked like a great signature and got praise from Paul and Pru for her showstopper, should have been star baker this week - she really doesn`t seem to see how good she is.    

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 87 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

All caught up now, guys! I'm nto sure if spoiler tags are needed or not anymore (@viridis are you following this year's series and all cuaght up too?), but just in case, here we go:

More info
I was really relieved to see the one who left this time seemed to finally be the right person, and I agree with you guys that Alice should have won star baker. Steph also produced a gorgeous showstopper but I think Alice's signature and technical bakes were much better ... A good week overall, and some delicious and impressive showstoppers once again!  

signature

Message 88 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pleased you`ve got to see it and have caught up @EmilieT.

Don`t know if we still need spoilers but here goes anyway

More info
Before Star Baker was announced, Alice whispered she thought Steph deserved it. I`ll be honest. Earlier, to me, Steph seemed to shine and I didn`t really notice Alice but after this week - and especially with her winning the technical - Alice could be the dark horse in the competition and maybe even win it [if only she had a bit more self-belief and confidence].

Not sure what`s coming up next week.... Anyone catch it?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 89 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree about the spoiler tags @EmilieT . As only 3 people are posting on the thread, I don't think the 3rd one posting needs a spoiler.

Anyway, I'm pleased we agree on who went and who star baker should have been innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 172