Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thanks

More info

First, the good news - Steph, once again got Star Baker. In my opinion, well deserved and she does not realise how good she is.

Now the bad news - double elimination. Despite Paul`s comments before the break, he and Pru sent Michelle and Helena home. Prya had another bad week but was saved thanks to her new "boyfriend", Paul... [what other reaso can there be for him to keep saving her?]. Not impressed... but glad Steph got Star Baker and really hope she wins the whole of GBBO.

Next week is Dessert Week - which could be an interesting challenge for those who are left.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 71 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't believe that result, particularly as Elena won the technical challenge.

Priya came top of nothing. I agree @Mi-Amigo , she should have gone last week and yet again has been saved.

I'm not really a fan of Elena if honest...being a 'goth' she does have a weird and  not so wonderful take on baking. However, she was better than Priya.

Pleased for Steph getting star baker.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 172

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Fix!
Message 73 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Fix!

True!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@viridis and @Cleoriff 

blanking obvious it was fixed.... just like Nadyia on BBC Bake Off...

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 75 of 172

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I couldn't believe either Elena left and not Priya ... some beautiful and delicious-looking bakes again though, and very much looking forward to dessert week! smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 77 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Sun reports today [Monday] on forthcoming Week 6 "Dessert Week"

Dessert Week might seem like an easy theme but we can be sure that the bakers will once again be put to the test now we are half way through the series.

More info

The Signature challenge will be an elegant and challenging bake with delicate layers.

The Technical round is set to test the bakers' ability to pull off delicate assembly and precise decoration.

The Showstopper will see the contestants create a spherical celebration cake.

Paul and Prue will then decide which baker is deserving of the Star Baker title, while another contestant will face the boot from the show.

I`m looking forward to this, which sounds like it won`t be easy, with maybe answers to two questions

Will Steph make it as Star Baker for the third time?

Will Paul wake up, smell the coffee, and kick Priya off the show? 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 78 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks like another good week @Mi-Amigo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looking forward to that showstopper! astonished

signature

Message 80 of 172