Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m now curious, but resisting the temptation, what`s in the spoiler @Cleoriff joy

I`m going to watch GBBO in catch up later and will post my thought later. Sounds very interesting week.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 61 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just watch it carefully and see if you agree with what I've put under the spoiler....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo Last night after cooking dinner, eating, and taking care of Cookie and Brownie I completely forgot it was Bake-Off catch-up night and watched an episode of the Dark Crystal show on Netflix ... apologies guys, I promise I'll be 100% prepared to discuss this week's episode tomorrow morning grimacing

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 63 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT . It`s quite understandable, with your commitments, you missed GBBO catch-up. Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance.

edited to delete comment on watching catch up last night

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 64 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Luckily, I have the email showing your comments before you edited (you should have put it under a spoiler then we could continue talking under spoilers lol)

More info
I totally agree. I shouted at the TV when they announced Phil!! He was firmly in the middle of all challenges and Priya messed up every single one of hers. Even she looked shocked! TBH, they were discussing a double eviction and in my opinion Phil wouldn't have been the second one. A bit of a fix there. Phil was shocked as well... you could see that!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff - my bad. I totally agree with your comments in your spoiler. Reeks of favouritism rather than ability in my opinion. I really hope this does not go on to spoil what, up till now, has been a very good programme. I`ve also got my favourite as to who I would like to see win this year`s GBBO...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 66 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff I'm all caught up now Bouncy

I was also not expecting Phil to be eliminated at the end of those 3 challenges, it was quite a surprise. The theme of the week didn't resonate with me too much as a vegan, not having or baking with any dairy, but I thought they were interesting challenges and bakes I didn't know before. Next week is also a new theme they've never had before, right? It sounds like it'll be good fun!

signature

Message 67 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Yes I think Priya should have been eliminated. She messed up every challenge and Phil didn't!!

Yes next week is a totally new theme..Roaring 20's

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

GBBO Week 5 = tonight

The Roarin` 20s - nine bakers remain...

More info

Signature bake - custard pies

Technical bake - being kept secret

Showstopper - tiered cocktail cake 

With no Word Hunt Diamond game in play during this week`s programme, I shall be watching tonight, rather than on catch-up. Should be interesting... 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 69 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I've been busy so just started watching now. I'm just on the first challenge so carry on with spoilers please...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 172