Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Anyone watched Biscuit week? I caught up last night and I wanted to eat A LOT of the goods that were baked! @Mi-Amigo You'll be happy to hear next week is Bread week, your favourite slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 21 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I did @EmilieT . I was so sad to see the University student go, although he did make a pigs ear of every challenge. rofl Bless

I wonder if they are going to do a showstopper every week. I don't recall they did it like this last year?

It was a great show, though I hate fig rolls with a passion

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

I missed this week`s show. I`ll try and hunt it out on catch up.

To be honest, although I love biscuits [fig rolls included - sorry @Cleoriff ], biscuit week is my least fav.

Thanks for the info @EmilieT that next week is Bread Week. I`ll definitely be watching that thumbsup

By the way, who got star baker this week? and were there any disasters in the techy round, which always seems to catch at least one baker out?

Thanks again for the posts.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Jamie was the one who left. (the youngest contestant ever.)

The teacher Alice Fevronia was star baker. @Mi-Amigo 

Oh and there were a few disasters....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I agree it's a shame he left, he was very funny! It wasn't too much of a suprise though sweat_smile I don't remember if there was a showstopper every week in the past years, but I don't mind - they're doing so well so far. I can already see a few going quite far ... 

@Mi-Amigo @viridis Let us know what you thought when you're all caught up! slight_smile

signature

Message 25 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo @viridis Let us know what you thought when you're all caught up! slight_smile

I`ve had a chance to catch up and must say how great it was to see them rally round to help each other out - especially Michelle [week one`s star baker] helping Jamie, who was popular in the tent and with viewers, and it was a shame he got sent home. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I could really relate to Jamie. My grandson is the same age and he can just about cook a spag bol rofl

I agree @Mi-Amigo , it's lovely the way this group have bonded, and help each other out.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
@Mi-Amigo wrote:
must say how great it was to see them rally round to help each other out - especially Michelle [week one`s star baker] helping Jamie, who was popular in the tent and with viewers, and it was a shame he got sent home.

Very heartwarming @Mi-Amigo, I really like this series so far hugging

signature

Message 28 of 172

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bread Week tonight Bouncy Happy Dance yum

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 29 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Enjoy @Mi-Amigo! I'll be catching up on that tomorrow evening probably hugging I'm sure it's going to be great and make me super hungry, can't wait ...

signature

Message 30 of 172