Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I do love a bit of Bake off..
Message 2 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I love GBBO and watch every series. The Celebrity version which they do for Comic Relief is also brilliant.

No I never follow any of their recipes. My sister used to be the cake expert....she left the savoury stuff for me to do when we had parties or celebrations...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis Does it make you want to bake as well or just eat? wink

@Cleoriff I agree the Celebrity version is always great fun, and so are the short Christmas editions! They usually do a bit of savoury on the show, some good ideas to take away at times nerd 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 172

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

Yes but the savoury stuff on GBBO always involves pastry. Therefore, I buy ready made pastry from a shop and just roll it out. I do the filling myself. Much easier and less faff....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 172

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@EmilieT tbh it's horrific, I'm trying to get in a bit better shape, and my diet is low carb based... You can imagine the sheer horror of temptation each week..
Message 6 of 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never watched GBBO ... because ... I'd want to eat all the lovely food ... so don't watch it 😞

Message 7 of 172

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I love GBBO - especially now Noel and Sandi present it.

I`m looking forward to seeing if they have a "vegan week" - run for the first time last year thumbsup - which showed that vegan food can not only look good but taste good too slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Can't blame you for not making it all from scratch, but it's still great you can get some inspiration to make tasty savoury treats from the show Happy Dance

@viridis A very familiar struggle, that ... now imagine not being able to resist baking said tempting tricks and surrounding yourself with cakes, cookies and other sweet treats every weekend and then of course having to eat them so they don't go bad - that'll be me soon joy We can support each other here though!

@Anonymous I get that, it's really hard to resist dizzy

@Mi-Amigo Being a (very) amateur vegan baker, I thought last year's vegan week was a great idea as well but didn't actually show how good vegan baking can be. Hopefully this year when they do it again (fingers crossed), the creations will be even better!

signature

Message 9 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @viridis @Mi-Amigo  Did any of you guys watch the first episode yesterday? I haven't had the change to catch up yet, but I'd love to discuss initial thoughts soon with you guys smiling

signature

Message 10 of 172