Did you mean: 

Google developing a cancer detector

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Looks like Google are branching out....

"Google is aiming to diagnose cancers, impending heart attacks or strokes and other diseases, at a much earlier stage than is currently possible.

The company is working on technology that combines disease-detecting nanoparticles, which would enter a patient's bloodstream via a swallowed pill, with a wrist-worn sensor.

The idea is to identify slight changes in the person's biochemistry that could act as an early warning system.

The work is still at an early stage.

The tech company's ambition is ultimately to create a wristband that would take readings of the nanoparticles via light and radio waves one or more times a day."

Google developing a cancer detector

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm not sure where all this is going tbh and I know Cleo is going to have an opinion slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I do have an opinion of course....anything that improves early detection of life threatening illnesses can only ever be a bonus....

Having lost my sister to pancreatic cancer 10 years ago...I read this article and thought "if only" slight_frown

"Early diagnosis is the key to treating disease. Many cancers, such as pancreatic, are detected only after they have become untreatable and fatal.

There are marked differences between cancerous and healthy tissues.

Google's ambition is to constantly monitor the blood for the unique traces of cancer, allowing diagnosis long before any physical symptoms appear."

I know this is in the early stages of development but at present I am applauding this insightful research by Google..

Until we find cures...early detection is the next best thing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Well that vote of confidence is enough for me to take interest slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I couldn't agree more about early detection. Far too many people leave it too late.

Message 6 of 11

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So it looks to me like Google are using their (or there or they're) vast monetary resources to fund the research.

They will then develop a watch-type sensor to monitor the workings of the medication

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

So it looks to me like Google are using their (or there or they're) vast monetary resources to fund the research.

They will then develop a watch-type sensor to monitor the workings of the medication

Cynical...but probably true. That doesn't deter my delight at the thought that this research, if proven is a massive step forward wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing this information. 

Personally after losing both parents to the big C and my partner having to be treated for this too anything like this and the awesome work being carried out by various organisations / medical people will always have my support. 

Message 10 of 11