cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google I/O 2014: Five things we want to see tomorrow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Google I/O 2014: Five things we want to see tomorrow

"It’s now less than 24 hours until Google’s I/O conference, and we can’t wait to find out what the search giant has in store! New tablets? An updated version of Android? More smartphones? More Android Wear gadgets? Read on to find out what we’re hoping to see from the tech giant tomorrow…"

My thoughts ;

Hopefully exciting new stuff to come. slight_smile

Source ; The Gadget Show
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/google-io-2014-five-things-we-want-to-see-tom...
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
If anyone is interested in following there is an app for it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.samples.apps.iosched&hl=en slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Lucky dip guesses:
Android 5 lemon meringue / lollipop
The last of the nexus stuff Inc the HTC built volantis Nexus 9.
More Smartwear support and connectivity.
I don't think there'll be new nexus 5 or 6 as normally Google have some huge discount on previous model to shift them prior to announcement.
Message 3 of 29

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Are you all following it today guys? Do update us all here when and if you do slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 29

MI5
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
5 Hours to go - I'll be dipping in and out of the live feed later hoping to see something exciting slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 29

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 6 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes I'll be doing the same. Better than the World Cup!:smileywink:

Haha I'll say nothing wink

Eager to hear from you guys later on

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 29

MI5
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
Android L will be ART runtime meaning apps will run faster and dev's won't need to re-code anything.
Message 8 of 29

MI5
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
L introduces "personal unlocking," which can use secondary devices and even your voiceprint to know it's you who's using the phone, meaning no lock code required.
Message 9 of 29

MI5
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions
Android Auto: Completely voice-enabled connected car system that incorporates navigation, communication and music apps.
Message 10 of 29