Did you mean: 

Good Omens

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

gaimanpratchetthc-725803.jpg
One of my favourite books, by two of my favourite authors, Neil Gaiman (r) and the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett (l), is coming to the small screen, courtesy of Amazon Prime, in 2019.

The trailer looks like the mayhem I imagined as I read the book - can I wait?

Gonna havta... 😳

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well, despite there being another thread on this topic, I will resurrect this one (in the spirit of Armageddon!). 

I watched the 6th and final episode on Prime on Thursday night, and I'm going to have to back-track to find out at what point they did that, rubber ducky notwithstanding... 

Ya havta pay attention if ya really want to spot the subtler plays, ploys and plot lines... 

IMG_20190531_221019.jpg

Message 11 of 18

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I was never a fan of Terry Pratchett (Heresy) lol

Though the trailer looks very interesting.wink

Neither am I but most of these fantasy things aren't my cup of tea anyway. That trailer is just begging to add the Dr Who theme tune and titles at the end!

It's the theremin, isn't it? Doctor Who and Midsomer Murders both rely on it for that eerie tone to the theme... 

Metallica have been using Ecstasy Of Gold for their intro music before concerts their whole career.  It's a fabulous piece of music.

Here's the orchestra for their live album "S&M" doing it (then goes into their own composition called The Call Of Ktulu which is also awesome)

They also did their own version of it:

As for Good Omens itself, I fancied it when I first heard about it, although I've never read any Terry Pratchett.

I've watched 2 episodes so far and am liking.  My son has watched the whole thing as says it's great.

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've also never read a Terry Pratchett book. But I've seen Sky's versions of 3 of his books and enjoyed them all.

The promos for Good Omens intrigued me, and as I do like this type of show, it's on my Prime watchlist when I get the time to view. 

I should add I'm also a fan of David Tennant and Michael Sheen; both fine actors. So I'm looking forward to watching it. For me, it's just finding the time Horrified

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 18

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I'm looking forward to watching it. For me, it's just finding the time Horrified

You won't be disappointed, @Glory1 - and the episodes aren't all of the same duration, just to confound any viewing schedule you may have... AstoundedIMG_20190610_194836.jpg

Message 14 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks @pgn, I did notice that. As I say it's just finding the time. I have a very long Prime watchlist as it is and that, with all the recording I do, and my TV boxsets and films; there are just not enough hours in the day to be honest. But I'll fit it in somehow joy

Message 15 of 18

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Let's hope they don't remove that PRIME triangle on the corner, @Glory1 @- I plan to watch it again with my older daughter when she's home from Uni in a few days' time. :grimacing

Message 16 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well you should be okay @pgn they don't normally get rid of shows that quickly on Prime, particularly as they've been promoting it so much.

Message 17 of 18

pgn
  • 35225 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 18 of 18