Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 543

Re: Good Omens - Amazon Prime 31st May

Yeah I am aware.
It was in response to Pratchett being dead and my point was that Albert Broccoli was too.
There are plenty of other examples too.
Personally, I couldn't care less if they make anymore or not as it's off my watchlist regardless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 106
Ideas: 2

Eoin Colfer has written one or perhaps two tag-ons to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Can't say I rated them as highly as the original trilogy in 4 parts... Or the radio series arising from them, now I think on it.

Good Omens is and will ever be just that one story, spanning primarily a week of events and one night 11 years prior to that. The other events depicted simply set the scene for Crowley's and Aziraphale's part, backstory if you like.
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 543

Didn't understand a word of that but "wot he said "^^^ Smiley Tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 561

@MI5 wrote:
Didn't understand a word of that but "wot he said "^^^ Smiley Tongue

....and there's me thinking it was just me cool

Highlighted

๐Ÿ™„
Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

@pgn wrote:
Eoin Colfer has written one or perhaps two tag-ons to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Can't say I rated them as highly as the original trilogy in 4 parts... Or the radio series arising from them, now I think on it.

Good Omens is and will ever be just that one story, spanning primarily a week of events and one night 11 years prior to that. The other events depicted simply set the scene for Crowley's and Aziraphale's part, backstory if you like.

@pgn 

Have started on American Gods now but think I'll have to start again as it's so surreal I was left confused as I was qiite tired at the time.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Level 16: Talkative

Well I finished watching it and really liked it.  My wife wasn't a hige fan, although she watched it.  I think myself and my son liked it better Smiley Happy

Thanks

Steve
Highlighted
Community Manager

I started watching Good Omens this week and really really enjoying it so far! Smiley Happy Very interesting show and the characters are awesome - not having read any books so can't comment how it compares, but just based on watching the show I think they cast Aziraphale and Crowley very well. I also like the small funny random moments, such as

Spoiler
Crowley speaking to/scaring his plants. Smiley Very Happy

Also, David Tennant with his Crowley outfit and those eyes... heart eyes nerd

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
โ†’ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
โ†’ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 11: Motivator

@Marjo 

There's very few things that I get hooked on but I certainly did on that.

I hope Rob Wilkins who administers Terry Pratchett's estate approves more of his books for adaptation as they are superb.

I'd definitely recommand (if it reappears) Going Postal, Hogfather and The Colour of Magic.

I have the latter two on DVD.

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 2 76 Mbps Down/18 Mbps up (upgraded for homeworking),
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Watched the first part of Going Postal again this evening, very funny!