cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Omens - Amazon Prime 31st May

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never read any of the Discworld books but have seen all the adaptations and am really looking forward to seeing this.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah I am aware.
It was in response to Pratchett being dead and my point was that Albert Broccoli was too.
There are plenty of other examples too.
Personally, I couldn't care less if they make anymore or not as it's off my watchlist regardless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Eoin Colfer has written one or perhaps two tag-ons to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Can't say I rated them as highly as the original trilogy in 4 parts... Or the radio series arising from them, now I think on it.

Good Omens is and will ever be just that one story, spanning primarily a week of events and one night 11 years prior to that. The other events depicted simply set the scene for Crowley's and Aziraphale's part, backstory if you like.
Message 32 of 41

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Didn't understand a word of that but "wot he said "^^^ tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 41

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Didn't understand a word of that but "wot he said "^^^ tongue

....and there's me thinking it was just me cool

Message 34 of 41

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 35 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:
Eoin Colfer has written one or perhaps two tag-ons to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Can't say I rated them as highly as the original trilogy in 4 parts... Or the radio series arising from them, now I think on it.

Good Omens is and will ever be just that one story, spanning primarily a week of events and one night 11 years prior to that. The other events depicted simply set the scene for Crowley's and Aziraphale's part, backstory if you like.

@pgn 

Have started on American Gods now but think I'll have to start again as it's so surreal I was left confused as I was qiite tired at the time.

Message 36 of 41

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well I finished watching it and really liked it.  My wife wasn't a hige fan, although she watched it.  I think myself and my son liked it better slight_smile

Thanks

Steve
Message 37 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I started watching Good Omens this week and really really enjoying it so far! slight_smile Very interesting show and the characters are awesome - not having read any books so can't comment how it compares, but just based on watching the show I think they cast Aziraphale and Crowley very well. I also like the small funny random moments, such as

More info
Crowley speaking to/scaring his plants. grin

Also, David Tennant with his Crowley outfit and those eyes... heart_eyes nerd

Message 38 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

There's very few things that I get hooked on but I certainly did on that.

I hope Rob Wilkins who administers Terry Pratchett's estate approves more of his books for adaptation as they are superb.

I'd definitely recommand (if it reappears) Going Postal, Hogfather and The Colour of Magic.

I have the latter two on DVD.

Message 39 of 41

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Watched the first part of Going Postal again this evening, very funny!

Message 40 of 41