Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bank Holiday so far?

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Are we all enjoying the warm weather and having a good bank holiday so far?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The forecast for London today is 25° with 20° tomorrow. Then back to seasonal temps the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to those seasonal temps tbh. This heatwave has done me in.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 41 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I always wonder why the heat in the UK is harder to bear than when abroad?

I think it's to do with expectations and the fact people are generally in holiday mood with a pool or sea close by. This heatwave in the UK came at a time when a month before, some areas were still getting snow and we were wrapped up in winter woolies with central heating on.

Anyway, it looks as if today will see the last of the warm weather. slight_frown  .

UK does't get a steady supply of warm sunny weather ... so ... I think we don't get acclimatised ... In say Spain is it dry heat @Cleoriff it may be different to experience

I'm not particularly a hot sun worshipper ... however ... my full year in Sharjah, UAE = it is a humid heat in the afternoon - you got a better tan in the morning ... only time I've ever had a sun tan - a lovely honey colour ... = ... it soon went when I came back to UK LOL

Message 42 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gorgeous weather and a fab weekend.. about 220 miles covered on the bike.. life is good... (so is the tan)

Message 43 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sounds great @Anonymous. A real healthy way to spend a weekend. Helped by the glorious weather

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never realised this BH was a new thing.. 1978.. thanks to Michael Foot!
Message 45 of 45