Did you mean: 

Golden Globes 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Last night, the 2019 Golden Globe Awards took place and I don't know about you but I always like to keep an eye on the results clapper Here are the winners this year:

• Best motion picture - drama: Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Best motion picture - comedy or musical: Green Book
  • Best performance by an actor in a motion picture - drama: Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - drama: Glenn Close in The Wife
  • Best performance by an actor in a motion picture - comedy or musical: Christian Bale in Vice
  • Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - comedy or musical: Olivia Colman in The Favourite
  • Best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture: Mahershala Ali in Green Book
  • Best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a motion picture: Regina King in If Beale Street Could Talk
  • Best director - motion picture: Alfonso Cuaron for Roma
  • Best screenplay - motion picture: Green Book
  • Best animated film: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  • Best foreign language film: Roma
  • Best original score: First Man - Justin Hurwitz
  • Best original song - motion picture: Shallow - A Star is Born (Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson)
  • Best television series - drama: The Americans
  • Best television series - comedy: The Kominsky Method
  • Best actor in a television series - drama: Richard Madden in Bodyguard
  • Best actress in a television series - drama: Sandra Oh in Killing Eve
  • Best actor in a television series - musical or comedy: Michael Douglas in The Kominsky Method
  • Best actress in a television series - musical or comedy: Rachel Brosnahan -in The Marvellous Mrs Maisel
  • Best limited series or motion picture made for television: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Best actor in a limited series or motion picture made for television: Darren Criss in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Best actress in a limited series or motion picture made for television: Patricia Arquette in Escape at Dannemora
  • Best supporting actor in a series, limited series or motion picture made for television: Ben Whishaw in A Very English Scandal
  • Best supporting actress in a series, limited series or motion picture made for television: Patricia Clarkson in Sharp Objects

Did you see and like any of the winning movies and shows? Any surprises? nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Glory1 You don't know what your missing until you've tried it grin

So you think it's worth a look then, @dgilbert2?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 25

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

So you think it's worth a look then, @dgilbert2?

I'm enjoying watching them yes, ticks my boxes, not sure though if I was to read the book and then compare.

Message 22 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just think it's a matter of personal choice. This sort of programme I normally love.

I just couldn't get into this one. Others will have a different opinion and thank goodness for that. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I just think it's a matter of personal choice. This sort of programme I normally love.

I just couldn't get into this one. Others will have a different opinion and thank goodness for that. wink

Right, I'll keep an open mind on this. I will check if it's in Prime or may buy the first season, I'll see.

I always try to watch a show before reading the book @dgilbert2.  That way it doesn't ruin my enjoyment. If I can't do that then I forget the book and just watch the programme. They never do a book true justice and what is enjoyable or interesting to read would be boring on film. An author can go into character detail that just can't be filmed.

I appreciate both of your views on this show, it gives me perspective and I'll give it a look if I can. Thank you both.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 24 of 25

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Glory1you can also get it by a NowTV Entertainment pass if you wanted.

Message 25 of 25