Did you mean: 

Golden Globes 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Last night, the 2019 Golden Globe Awards took place and I don't know about you but I always like to keep an eye on the results clapper Here are the winners this year:

• Best motion picture - drama: Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Best motion picture - comedy or musical: Green Book
  • Best performance by an actor in a motion picture - drama: Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - drama: Glenn Close in The Wife
  • Best performance by an actor in a motion picture - comedy or musical: Christian Bale in Vice
  • Best performance by an actress in a motion picture - comedy or musical: Olivia Colman in The Favourite
  • Best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture: Mahershala Ali in Green Book
  • Best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a motion picture: Regina King in If Beale Street Could Talk
  • Best director - motion picture: Alfonso Cuaron for Roma
  • Best screenplay - motion picture: Green Book
  • Best animated film: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
  • Best foreign language film: Roma
  • Best original score: First Man - Justin Hurwitz
  • Best original song - motion picture: Shallow - A Star is Born (Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson)
  • Best television series - drama: The Americans
  • Best television series - comedy: The Kominsky Method
  • Best actor in a television series - drama: Richard Madden in Bodyguard
  • Best actress in a television series - drama: Sandra Oh in Killing Eve
  • Best actor in a television series - musical or comedy: Michael Douglas in The Kominsky Method
  • Best actress in a television series - musical or comedy: Rachel Brosnahan -in The Marvellous Mrs Maisel
  • Best limited series or motion picture made for television: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Best actor in a limited series or motion picture made for television: Darren Criss in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Best actress in a limited series or motion picture made for television: Patricia Arquette in Escape at Dannemora
  • Best supporting actor in a series, limited series or motion picture made for television: Ben Whishaw in A Very English Scandal
  • Best supporting actress in a series, limited series or motion picture made for television: Patricia Clarkson in Sharp Objects

Did you see and like any of the winning movies and shows? Any surprises? nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The way Killing Eve ended, shows another series is going to happen. Good job.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I nominate Jodie Comer as the next James Bond. She was so cool, witty and menacing in Killing Eve.

Hopefully she will win something in our awards.

Well we have a female Dr Who so why not a female James Bond. Though she'd have to be Jamie Bond, I suppose joy

And she'd make a great Bond. She was amazing in Killing Eve; I was so glad her character got away. Hopefully means a possible 2nd series 🤞

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 25

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Good to see you back again @EmilieT after your holiday, we've missed you grin

As for the Golden Globe list, I need to stay in more to watch TV, all flew over my head!?

Not on the list, but currently watching "A Discovery of Witches" with Teresa Palmer and Matthew Goode, well addicted to it and looking forwards to season 2 later in the year devil

Capture.JPG

Message 13 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Vampires, walking dead, witches...

What is today's fascination with ghouls and goblins???

Message 14 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Vampires, walking dead, witches...

What is today's fascination with ghouls and goblins???

Oh I don't think it's just today @jonsie, people have always been fascinated with horror, I know I have: witches/warlocks, demons, vampires, ghosts, creepy aliens love it all, though not keen on zombies tbh. Not that they frighten me, I just find them boring.

Give me a good horror film/TV series any day. Along with a good crime drama and musical, and I'm in heaven. Okay so I'm a bit weird, but you knew that, right LOL

Message 15 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Now I have to be blunt here @Glory1, I'm more than a little worried about you......see_no_evil

Don't be @jonsie, I'm quite okay, really I am Shirty

Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have watched Discovery Of Witches. Wasn't all that keen if honest....disappointed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have watched Discovery Of Witches. Wasn't all that keen if honest....disappointed

Now I wanted to see that. Think I'll stick to the books. Thanks for the review @Cleoriff.

Message 19 of 25

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Glory1 You don't know what your missing until you've tried it grin

Message 20 of 25