cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosts

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the risk of having the men in white coats called out, who here believes in ghosts?  I'm not talking about the chain rattling boogie ghosts that go bump in the night but rather mischievous (and rather annoying) spirits that cause mischief...

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes, you really have had some doosies.  I've had things go missing too, also (which ill post pics of tomorrow) white residue left all over my windows, looked like condensation but wouldnt wipe off, had to scrub it off in the end (came off black on a white cloth???), hangers rattling in the night, to name a few.  A friend's husband who was a "sensitive" said he saw an image of a lady in one of the pics he saw of my house.  So there's definitely "something"..can be a real pain in the arse when it wants to lol

Message 21 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I kind of feel left out...had no ghostly visits or unexplained mysteries at all:smileysad:

Message 22 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't think many do, but in my case it was just an event I couldn't then and can't now explain.

I was working as a heating engineer and called on a disabled elderly lady who spent all day alone in her bungalow sitting at the front in a conservatory and when anyone called she would pass you the key through the window.

It was in a tiny village in the middle of fields which had just been planted, so it was like open ground and the nearest houses were over 200 yards away, and this was broad daylight.

I finished my work and was ready to start her heating which was in the kitchen at the rear, when there were three very loud knocks at the heavy wooden door behind me.

Thinking someone had gone to that door which was locked by mistake, I ran out and round to the back to find nothing and nobody there.

I asked the lady if she heard it and she hadn't, it still puzzles me to this day!

Spooky.......! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie you can have my ghost with pleasure! lol

Perksie thats a hell of an experience, how utterly BIZZARRE Smiley Surprised

Message 24 of 36

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The odd thing is I've always worked in dozens of churches often picking up the key and letting myself in and I have never minded being alone in them and no funny experiences at all.

What I'm saying is I don't have a nervous disposition and don't take too many stories of unusual happenings seriously.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 25 of 36

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

people will never know just how much I deperately want my own spiritual experience.

Message 26 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perksie, I don't think anyone (sane lol) would put down what you experienced to imaginings! Bloody hell, 3 loud knocks? I don't think so lol

Jonsie, personally I wouldn't call my experiences spiritual, not in the least.  More like dealings with a naughtie child lol

Message 27 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

As promised, here are the pics.  I came down one morning to find some sort of unexplained white residue all over my lounge windows, looked like condensation but wouldn't wipe off, had to scrub it off in the end (came off black on a white cloth???),.  This appeared out of the blue, not once but twice.  Given all the other weird and unexplained events which have gone on in my house...I can only but attribute this to the resident ghost...

09240001.JPG09240003.JPG09240004.JPG09240002.JPG

Message 28 of 36

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's very odd, the only physical cause I can guess at would be an open flued gas or solid fuel appliance that has ventilation issues, but then it would be on the walls too.

Has this happened more than once?

Very odd.

Message 29 of 36

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions