Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Nice thing to read on a Monday.
Good to hear you are on the road to recovery @jonsie and hope the rest of the journey passes quickly!!
Thanks for the update @Cleoriff.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I forgot to mention that Jonsie may be moved into the general ward today if his condition continues to improve at this rate....So really great news.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 242

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Fantastic news @Cleoriff thank you.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 242

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

So sorry to hear about this. Thank you for letting us know Cleoriff. Get well soon Jonsie 

Message 14 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

His sons have told him of all the get well wishes sent his way. Must have been a real boost to his morale as the photo I received (which I wont post)  showed him attempting a thumbs up (in fact a thumbs up with both hands). That was the one thing that reassured us the guy who means so much to many of us...was on the road to recovery. Go Jonsie. Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 242

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Get well soon Jonsie! Hope you'll be leaving hospital quick without pain Mexican Wave

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 16 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speedy Recovery Jonsie. Hope your back on form soon!
My love to his family as well.

Mel. XX
Message 17 of 242

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Any news on @jonsie yet? Is he outta the critical ward.
Message 18 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Any news on @jonsie yet? Is he outta the critical ward.

Still in the same ward as he had a little more surgery on his leg. He is awake, fully conscious and continues to make gradual improvement. His son said he was 'flirting with one of the nurses'...SO that, if nothing else, proves Jonsie is on the road to recovery. A long long way to go yet, but I update them with the good wishes from his friends and colleagues and these are really appreciated. wink 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Steve heart ... I have it 'on very good authority' that you have been 'flirting with one of the nurses' ... hmmmnnnnn ... that sounds like you're on the mend slight_smile ... you know Steve, for a bloke from t' wrong side o' t' Pennines in 'Red Rose County' you're not half bad kid wink ... we're all thinking about you & wishing you a speedy recovery because we all miss you ... Keep Calm & Carry On Flirting wink with love from Jane xx

Message 20 of 242