Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this @jonsie ... hope you get well enough for your operation very soon 

Message 201 of 242

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your news @jonsie - haven't been on the forums much lately.

WIshing you a speedy recovery from your illness so that your Op can go ahead as planned.

slight_smile

Message 202 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm neglecting you @jonsie

Image result for flowers in vase images

it's Sansom in the vase = not water wink

Message 203 of 242

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @jonsie

There is a service bus from Skipton to Manchester ... = ... limited stop

Surely I could get a bus from the terminus to where you are?

I have a free bus pass (disabled) ... & ... I believe if I begin my journey after 9:30am I can use it as intended ... & ... return to my initial start of journey

I shall check it all out

It'll be better for me than travelling by train ... because ... being school holidays the trains are busy & uncomfortable for me

I'd come with a rucksack filled with supplies ... no drinks as I doubt the bus will stop for 'comfort breaks' as the Americans say ... but ... I can suck barley sugar boiled sweets, that'd be alright

Will you let me know please if you are allowed visitors ... & ... if I have to bring vinyl gloves / dettol wipes wink ... = ... only joking Steve ... = ... I'll 'treat' you with kid gloves slight_smile

Not guaranteeing the real fresh flowers I'd bring you would arrive in your room in any fit state to be put into a vase LOL

Not sure myself what state I'd arrive in either LOL... you may have to regale me with tales of your travels around the world :womanvery-happy:

Goodnight John Boy xx Hug

Message 205 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon @jonsie

Related image

Hi jonsie ... I expect you will be watching F1?

Something's on my mind concerning you ... may I say something please?

I'm not going to barge into your private hospital room all gung ho 

If you invited me to visit you = I'd gently hold one of your hands in both of mine gently

I'd give you a hug if you wished ... I give nice hugs = lots of padding on me LOL for one reason wink

I've checked it all out ... = ... I can get to where you are in a day & back on the bus

BUT I say again only if / when you say I can ... ... ... not bovvered what precautions the hospital says I have to go through / do, to be allowed to visit you

Is there anything I can send you in the mail? ... it's always nice to get something in the post isn't it? ... slight_smile ... excepting an A5 size brown envelope, on the mat, when the postman's been LOL

Thinking of you as ever Steve xx Hug

Message 206 of 242

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Sending you a PM Jane xx

Thanks Steve xx

Message 208 of 242

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
Sending you a PM Jane xx

Thanks Steve xx

It's just that some things I don't want to divulge openly and I need you to know my present circumstances Hug

Message 209 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
Sending you a PM Jane xx

Thanks Steve xx

It's just that some things I don't want to divulge openly and I need you to know my present circumstances Hug

Of course Steve xx Hug
Related image

XX heart XX

Message 210 of 242