Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Election in December?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So Labour have eventally agreed to a general election. Apparently it probably will be in December!

The UK looks set for a December general election after Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn announced his party was ready to fight the "most radical campaign ever".

Mr Corbyn said his condition of taking a no-deal Brexit off the table had now been met after the EU agreed to extend the deadline until 31 January 2020.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson can only hold an election with the support of MPs - who have blocked it three times.

The PM will make a fresh attempt to get their backing in Parliament later.

The government bill published ahead of the Commons debate is for an early election on 12 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50221856 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@JAZZ-trad wrote:
I'm ready to vote Muppet too, @Cleoriff
A nice quality of person in the group photo 🥴

Apparently you have to be a living human to be an election candidate. Don't know how the current candidates have found a way around that rule. 

But this reminds me of Ficus 2000 back when Michael Moore was relevant and why we will never get the "None of the above" as a legitmate option (part 3 is worth watching):

Message 41 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

And he's off again.. Good old Trump using twitter as a weapon. Loved the senators response though!

Message 42 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So did I @Anonymous 

Mr Newsom, who has been highly critical of Mr Trump's environmental policies, responded: "You don't believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation."

It's a tragedy that this buffoon does not believe in climate change and the impact on our environment.

It would do him a world of good to watch Sir David Attenboroughs  Seven Worlds One Planet HERE , though I fully expect he would accuse him of 'fake news' rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 52

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Thank you @sheepdog enjoyed the video. One Muppet less as Farage not standing. I'm wondering where you learned that you needed to be a living human to stand for parliament did they ever suspect someone or more of being dead ?🤣🤔🤓 Difficult at times I would agree.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 44 of 52

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@TallTrees it was in a link in one of the pages on here but there are certain procedures in place to make sure...

Message 45 of 52

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

So did I @Anonymous 

Mr Newsom, who has been highly critical of Mr Trump's environmental policies, responded: "You don't believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation."

It's a tragedy that this buffoon does not believe in climate change and the impact on our environment.

It would do him a world of good to watch Sir David Attenboroughs  Seven Worlds One Planet HERE , though I fully expect he would accuse him of 'fake news' rage

On this occasion, Trump may be the one on the right side of the argument on wildfires. Required reading from Forbes.

BTW, you should view all climate change news and anything on the media with severe sceptism because its a drive for money to fund research into an area that has so many variables that there is no single answer ultimately leading to the political agendas leading to more and more tax "because climate change"

What few CC groups neglect to mention is the correlation between the growth in the earths population and their demands. Ultimately it comes down to one answer and that is the real question nobody wants to face. 

Message 46 of 52

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
It's amusing @sheepdog
Pity procedures couldn't include a clause that all MP s should have some noble elements 😇

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 47 of 52

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
That is definitely the biggest problem no one wishes to mention or face up to. @sheepdog
When I read population in GB during only Charles Dickens era the population increase is astonishing since then. We see it very clearly when it comes to another species though.
This is the true unsustainable problem for humans. Head buried in sand me thinks!🤓

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 48 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog 

I do a lot of reading and viewing re climate change and it's effect on the environment. I also used to teach students about the destruction of rainforests and environmental changes, so of course my sources were reliable.

Nowadays, I would far rather listen to the likes of Sir David Attenborough and and other experts, than the ramblings of the fool they put in the White House.

I don't think anyone could accuse Sir David of lying, or any type of misunderstanding of this major ecological disaster.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 52

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Delhi smog - scary  

images.jpeg.jpg

Something like London peasoupers

Probably worse.