Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Level 28: Ingenious

Re: Gardeners in the O2 Community

Hi Marjo,

Don't think you can get away with not having a plant! Even though you have little tigers there.

Buy a brass hook ~ get a step ladder ~ test for a joist and hang from ceiling in a Hanging basket.

Yes I suppose you need to water it though ~  or

I used to put small decorative pots into a white rope style hanger with look-a-like plant in.

Highlighted
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hanging baskets sounds like a good idea @TallTrees! I might give that a go. Maybe not in my current flat anymore as I'm moving soon anyway, but in the next one. I like colours so I'm already thinking of some colourful baskets to hang from the ceiling. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

OH yes @Cleoriff you're right, I forgot I had posted a picture. Can't find it now though. It was a lovely plant while it lasted... for a couple of weeks tops. Smiley Very Happy I remember Drake was chewing on the leaves (annoying but tolerable, was non-poisonous of course). Arthur started to swat the leaves... ok still tolerable. But it was not fine anymore when they both started to dig into the dirt (mostly Arthur), spreading it everywhere. Then the uprooting started (Arthur of course) and I came home to plant parts and dirt everywhere, the pot (which was not even a small one!) upside-down and cats looking like "What are you looking at, I haven't done anything".

LOL I kept the pot as a cat toy holder and sometimes find it's made its way downstairs "on its own" when I come home from work with all the toys spread across the stairs. Smiley Tongue

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

Hanging baskets are very pretty.  Inside and outside.  

My cat not interested in anything but food really!

Liked to nip out and take the lids off the milk bottles (days gone by that is)

tip over and drink milk......not that she was deprived just greedy I think!devil

Highlighted
Community Manager

@TallTrees wrote:

Hanging baskets are very pretty.  Inside and outside.  

My cat not interested in anything but food really!

Liked to nip out and take the lids off the milk bottles (days gone by that is)

tip over and drink milk......not that she was deprived just greedy I think!devil

Aww bless her sweat smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Highlighted
Community Manager

Not tried freezing yet @TallTrees but apparently they keep their colour, flavor and heat pretty will so I'll keep you posted. wink

signature

Highlighted

Hi Martin-O2 

Please let me know. They may be ok as red/green/yellow capsicum peppers are frozen to use ~

but don't have much body after cooking ~

chillies are tougher so may freeze better.

I prefer to use fresh chillies but can't do this all the time.

I freeze Corriander leaves as they do not last long even in jar of water.

They freeze quite well ~ I put in freeze bag and then use scissors to

cut off leaves which are fine when used in curries.  They are also nice

in pasta sauce. They do look a bit clumped up!  naturally anguished

However can't be going out to by fresh coriander all the time.

ByeWave TallTrees

Highlighted
Community Manager

I'll let you know @TallTrees! I'm harvesting the remaining fruits this weekend so I'll do a test freeze on a few to see how it goes. laughing

signature

Highlighted

Hello Martin-O2

That would be great and interesting to know how a chilli was when frozen!Good Idea

Highlighted
Anonymous

@TallTrees

I'm more black fingered than green fingered I have to say.

I either under or over water anything I try to grow and that includes Cacti and Sunflowers so I don't do it now!

Highlighted
Level 13: Prompter

@TallTrees good thread sir.

As for the actual gardening, thats me out. I'll stay inside tv