Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Game] Word Hunt Diamond to return on Mon 30 Dec - Advanced Notice

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Word Hunt Diamond is a game open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond is posted with a target number of word to find using only the letters in the grid.

After a short break during the festive period, the Word Hunt Diamond - game 15 - is due to return on

Monday 30 December 2019.

As it will be the 15th Word Hunt Diamond game, and the last one for 2019, this "end of the year" game will be the toughest one so far...

The target will be 90 words - the largest so far - with not only one nine-letter word but also six eight letter words to find, with many obscure seven, six, five, and four letter words to find.

A total of 14 members have taken part in one or more of the 14 Word Hunt Diamond games so far:

@Cleoriff ; @pgn ; @Bambino ; @gmarkj ; @Bob_Mcg ; @EmilieT ; @Marjo ; @WispaRed7 ; @jonsie;

@TallTrees ; @JAZZ-trad ; @MI5 ; @AnnieM ; @Dothrakigirl19 

and over the 14 Word Hunt Diamond games, have found 948 words in the target; plus 259 words not in the list - a grand total of 1207 words in 14 games.

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to all members. New members and those who have not played before are welcome to join the "regulars" in tackling the Word Hunt Diamond "end of the year" game

There will be no date limit - and the game [if not solved] will continue on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Can you, together, not only solved the game and find all 90 words in the list, but also find additional words not in the list - and break through the 100-word ceiling?

I look forward to seeing you all in the new game on Monday.

Good luck Wave 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Bring it on @Mi-Amigo .

Getting a bit tired of Word Association nowadays. In fact I might shove it on TNS for a week or two. LOL

So I will look forward to Word Diamond. Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff .

Good to know that you will be playing...

Oh and I forgot to mention - the "end of the year" game has no letter "s" so makes it a bit harder as it can`t be added to words to make plurals; plus the red letter, which has to be included in each word, is not one of the more common letters [such as "e"]... Thinking

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Bring it on.

Word Association is soon to be so last-year 😂
Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Bring it on.

Yep and time it was closed down now ....

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@pgn wrote:
Bring it on.

Yep and time it was closed down now ....

Agree...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your comments @jonsie and @pgn . I hope you will be joining @Cleoriff in the Word Hunt Diamond game...

And in case "anyone" Whistle is wondering Thoughful, Scottish words will be allowed in the new game LOL... 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks for your comments @jonsie and @pgn . I hope you will be joining @Cleoriff in the Word Hunt Diamond game...

And in case "anyone" Whistle is wondering Thoughful, Scottish words will be allowed in the new game LOL... 

Oh will they? Giving an advantage I see. Pfftttt.... rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Oh will they? Giving an advantage I see. Pfftttt.... rofl

I wouldn`t dream of "giving an advantage" innocent and is "Pfftttt" the word of 2019 - it seems be making a regular appearance in Off Topic just recently LOL ??

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 21