Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Game] Word Hunt Diamond - Game 11

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Word Hunters and welcome to the eleventh Word Hunt Diamond.

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted with a target number of words to find using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

M

P       O

I       C      N

L       A

T

This week`s target is 78 words using only the letters in the diamond.

Note: in this week`s Word Hunt Diamond, there are two 9-letter words and two 8-letter words to find. 

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter C.

No proper names are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, COOT wouldn`t be allowed].

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter C

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

Regular updates will be given on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

This game is open to all members. New members, and those who have not played before, are welcome to join in with previous and regular players -

@Cleoriff ; @gmarkj ; @Bob_Mcg ; @EmilieT ; @jonsie ; @Bambino ; @Marjo ; @AnnieM ; @WispaRed7 ; @pgn 

Last week, seven players, between them, not only found all the words in the list in the source used for the game, but, between them, also found words not in the list.

Can you, the members, crack this week`s Word Hunt Diamond; and also find additional words which are not in the list?

Good luck everyone 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 182
181 REPLIES 181

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good game again @Mi-Amigo  and certainly no need to apologise for missing any words, we just like to keep you busy.   We'll help you reach your goal of 6,000 posts by the end of the week.  scream

Cheers again.... thumbsup

Message 161 of 182

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks for the rather challenging one this week.
Really enjoying these...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 162 of 182

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @BobM and @gmarkj for your comments and kind words.

I thought that this Word Hunt Diamond would be more of a challenge - given there was no "s" [to make easier plurals], no "e" [the most common vowel in English words], a harder "red letter", and a target of 78 words. But not only did the six of you smash it, but you found an additional 21 words not in the list - bringing the total number of words found to a staggering 99 words.

I`ll have a look over the next 24-48 hours for the next game and let you know the choices.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 163 of 182

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks again for compiling these @Mi-Amigo. I do enjoy them, although a bit below par this week having been hit with the dreaded flu and in my case sinusitis (just to add to the misery) thermometer_facesneezing_face

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 164 of 182

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thank you for your comments and for enduring the game for as long as you did yesterday, especially as you have flu. Hope you recover soon.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 165 of 182

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks again for compiling these @Mi-Amigo. I do enjoy them, although a bit below par this week having been hit with the dreaded flu and in my case sinusitis (just to add to the misery) thermometer_facesneezing_face

Get well soon, @Cleoriff.

giphy (12).gif

Message 166 of 182

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @pgn . I wouldn't normally say a word but sinusitis is the bane of my life. Anyway, onward and upwards ballon Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 167 of 182

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thanks, @Mi-Amigo - another good run 👍
Message 168 of 182

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys.

For next week`s Word Hunt Diamond, I`ve had a look and can offer you a choice...

either: an easier [?] one with a target of 65 words to find, with a slightly difficult red letter

or: a more difficult one with a target of 70 words to find, with a less common red letter.....

which ever the majority of you - the regulars and any members who want to join in - choose will be the diamond for next week and will be posted on Tuesday morning...

More than likely, which ever diamond is chosen, the wordsmiths will find words not in the list in the source which I use for the game - which adds to the fun.

Please post your preference and any comments or suggestions [e.g. preferred word target, red letter] for future games

Thanks for your interest, playing and supporting this game

Mi-Amigo 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 169 of 182

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Next week is busy for me @Mi-Amigo  with limited time to spend on the forum.

So whatever you do won't affect me much. I will participate as and when I have the time. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 170 of 182