Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‌🎸‌[GAME] Word Scramble - '60s British Bands ‌🎸‌

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

For my first Word Scramble I chose a theme that is very dear to my heart, so I hope everyone will have as much fun trying to solve it as I did whilst making it. 

Bear in mind that these are all British bands that were formed during the 🌸1960’s🌸, as perhaps you may associate some of them more with the '70s when they were more popular. A few of them are very famous ones whilst others are more left field picks. Also, no solo artists, just bands.

1. HTE BICDIEENRL NTSGIR DBNA - [SOLVED]: THE INCREDIBLE STRING BAND

2. ETH DRBIASRYD - [SOLVED]: THE YARDBIRDS

3. MAERC - [SOLVED]: CREAM

4. KCLAB BABTASH - [SOLVED]: BLACK SABBATH

5. LDE EPZEPLNI - [SOLVED]: LED ZEPPELIN

6. EHT NAIALMS - [SOLVED]: THE ANIMALS

7. HTE OWH - [SOLVED]: THE WHO

8. RYRGE ADN HET SMCKPEAERA - [SOLVED]: GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS

9. RMHSEAN TMHIESR - [SOLVED]: HERMAN'S HERMITS

10. HET SKNIK - [SOLVED]: THE KINKS

11. FDRAMEN MNAN - [SOLVED]: MANFRED MANN

12. HET ETTYPR GIHNTS - [SOLVED]: THE PRETTY THINGS

13. ETH LESBETA - [SOLVED]: THE BEATLES

14. MEHT - [SOLVED]:THEM

15. HTE SBZOMEI- [SOLVED]: THE ZOMBIES

16. KNPI FOLYD - [SOLVED]: PINK FLOYD

17. LSMLA FECSA - [SOLVED]: SMALL FACES

18. HTE LOLINGR EOSNST- [SOLVED]: THE ROLLING STONES

19. FFARCTI - [SOLVED]: TRAFFIC

20. OLCPOR UHRMA - [SOLVED]: PROCOL HARUM

21. FAOITRPR NTNIONOVEC - [SOLVED]: FAIRPORT CONVENTION

22. ALNGEEPNT- [SOLVED]: PENTANGLE

23. HET OFST HIAENMC - [SOLVED]: THE SOFT MACHINE 

24. IGNK SORNMCI - [SOLVED]: KING CRIMSON

25. EHTRJO LTUL - [SOLVED]: JETHRO TULL

26. YSE- [SOLVED]: YES

27. ISNSGEE - [SOLVED]: GENESIS

28. HET CEEPNRS ASIVD ROPGU - [SOLVED]: THE SPENCER DAVIS GROUP

29. GOEN SIGTWAHNON ETH MAR MJA NDAB  - [SOLVED]: GENO WASHINGTON & THE RAM JAM BAND

30. PEDE REPLPU - [SOLVED]: DEEP PURPLE

As always, please only one guess per reply, so that everyone has a chance to participate, and also please wait until someone else has guessed after you before you guess again.

Hope to see my regular quizzers 

@Cleoriff @MI5 @pgn @jonsie @gmarkj @BobM @TallTrees @RunrigForever @sheepdog @Projectionist @madasaf1sh and @Mi-Amigo (who asked for the return of the word scramble game - hope you like the theme this time around) and any others I might have forgotten or who want to join the fun!

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@BobM wrote:

Is there not a case in the past where lists copied and pasted don't work for notifications?  Seem to recall that.

I know for a fact that, in the past, with WRQ and WHD members have not received notification if I copy and paste their username, so now always type usernames in any notification. #just saying

Ah well, could be it then @Mi-Amigo 

Message 71 of 79

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

@RafaC - Agree with what's been said above regarding advance notification in the future. Unfortunately I received no notification for today's game, one which I also would have enjoyed.  The last couple of games again there has been no notification for some reason.  Just curious, did others - @Mi-Amigo  @Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @MI5  all receive notification of today's game?

No notification @BobM. I just came upon it via unread posts. As the PM function is playing up again, it wouldn't allow me to do a multiple PM where I would have included you. So I just sent one to @Mi-Amigo as I realised he was unaware it was on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 79

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@BobM wrote:

@RafaC - Agree with what's been said above regarding advance notification in the future. Unfortunately I received no notification for today's game, one which I also would have enjoyed.  The last couple of games again there has been no notification for some reason.  Just curious, did others - @Mi-Amigo  @Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @MI5  all receive notification of today's game?

No notification @BobM. I just came upon it via unread posts. As the PM function is playing up again, it wouldn't allow me to do a multiple PM where I would have included you. So I just sent one to @Mi-Amigo as I realised he was unaware it was on.

OK thanks @Cleoriff ... looks like I wasn't alone

Message 73 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @BobM @RafaC 

Here's part of @RafaC's opening post email. As you see, ALL names are missing.

🎸[GAME] Word Scramble - 60's British Bands 🎸
For my first Word Scramble I chose a theme that is very dear to my heart, so I hope everyone will have as much fun trying to solve it as I did whilst making it.

Bear in mind that these are all British bands that were formed during the 🌸1960’s 🌸, as perhaps you may associate some of them more with the 70’s when they were more popular. A few of them are very famous ones whilst others are more left field picks. Also, no solo artists, just bands.

1. HTE BICDIEENRL NTSGIR DBNA
2. ETH DRBIASRYD
3. MAERC
4. KCLAB BABTASH
5. LDE EPZEPLNI

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 79

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

How'd I miss this? Pppffffttt!

Looks like it was a cracker, let's have TV Comedians/Comedy Duos next? 😎😁

Message 75 of 79

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@BobM @Cleoriff and @Mi-Amigo thanks for letting me know that you guys haven't received any notifications on this post, sorry to hear you've missed the game because of that @BobM. On the same note, thanks for the tip regarding typing the usernames in order for the person to be notified. And @BobM note taken regarding the advanced notifications a day before or something similar.

@Mi-Amigo and @Cleoriff I have to say I'm baffled that you guys got to see Keith Moon live. He was my favourite drummer growing up, but I have to agree that Zak Starkey is amazing at what he does. I didn't get to see him playing with The Who yet, but I was lucky to see him playing with Oasis at least.

@pgn thanks for the suggestion regarding the theme for the next word scramble slight_smile

Message 76 of 79

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

How'd I miss this? Pppffffttt!

Looks like it was a cracker, let's have TV Comedians/Comedy Duos next? 😎😁

Sorry you missed out one - as you said - a cracker

Love you`re idea @pgn  of TV Comedians/Comedy duos for next one [and include some from the past ?]. 

Gets my vote thumbsup @RafaC 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 77 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RafaC wrote:

@BobM @Cleoriff and @Mi-Amigo thanks for letting me know that you guys haven't received any notifications on this post, sorry to hear you've missed the game because of that @BobM. On the same note, thanks for the tip regarding typing the usernames in order for the person to be notified. And @BobM note taken regarding the advanced notifications a day before or something similar.

@Mi-Amigo and @Cleoriff I have to say I'm baffled that you guys got to see Keith Moon live. He was my favourite drummer growing up, but I have to agree that Zak Starkey is amazing at what he does. I didn't get to see him playing with The Who yet, but I was lucky to see him playing with Oasis at least.

@pgn thanks for the suggestion regarding the theme for the next word scramble slight_smile

@RafaC  just to let you know I DID receive an email with my name mentioned here (and throughout the game) It was JUST the opening post where none of the mentions worked unfortunately.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 79

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff thanks for clarifying that, appreciate it.

Message 79 of 79