Friendship 🤗

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

I noticed that 30th July celebrated International Friendship Dayhugging

It was started in 1958 by the World Friendship Crusade, campaining to foster a culture of peace through friendship. Officially 30 July was declared as International Day of Friendship in 2011 by the General Assembly of United Nations. To mark this day, the UN encourages events, activities and initiatives that promote solidarity, mutual understanding and recognition.

Friendship.png

I thought it would be lovely to take a moment to think about our friends and how important they have been to us through-out our lives. I'm going to start with posting one thing that I appreciate about my friends, and I'd love to see everyone continue the thread so we get a lovely list of what friendship means to us! grin

What does friendship mean to you?

For me, friendship means that I can be myself around them without judgement. What about you? slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

For me friendship is being there for someone during good and bad times. So something that stands the test of time. You can be the complete opposite in personality and still be the best of friends.

Being able to sit in silence with a friend and it never being uncomfortable.

There are many things that make a great friendship, but that will do for now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

For me friendship is being there for someone during good and bad times. So something that stands the test of time. You can be the complete opposite in personality and still be the best of friends.

Being able to sit in silence with a friend and it never being uncomfortable.

There are many things that make a great friendship, but that will do for now.

You put it beautifully @Cleoriff ! slight_smile All such good points and I never considered the sit in silence one really before, but that's so true.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I couldn't agree more with @Cleoriff good friends are there for you through thick and thin but feelings should be reciprocated if at all possible. Just feeling at ease with friends, a shoulder to cry on or there to lean on.

Aquaintancies come and go, friends are forever.

Message 4 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I couldn't agree more with @Cleoriff good friends are there for you through thick and thin but feelings should be reciprocated if at all possible. Just feeling at ease with friends, a shoulder to cry on or there to lean on.

Aquaintancies come and go, friends are forever.

I really like that quote @jonsie  slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with all of what @Cleoriff & @jonsie have said

I should like to add that Friends don't necessarily have to be with you on a regular basis or physically close at hand ... I have several 'distance' Very Good Friends even as far away as Australia & yet we are there for each other when necessary and it's a great comfort to each concerned smiling

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with all of what @Cleoriff & @jonsie have said

I should like to add that Friends don't necessarily have to be with you on a regular basis or physically close at hand ... I have several 'distance' Very Good Friends even as far away as Australia & yet we are there for each other when necessary and it's a great comfort to each concerned smiling

Oh yes good point there too @Anonymous . I have some very good friends who are all over the world and I rarely see them, but we do chat on WhatsApp to catch up and when we do end up meeting face to face, it's as if no time had passed since last time. slight_smile

Message 7 of 7