Did you mean: 

Free firewall?

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Anyone got reccomendations?

Comodo the one I used to swear by has starting scare ware selling tactics. Suffice to say I've lost interest.

All help appreciated:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'm of the same opinion as PengiPete - Win7 seems to have it sorted so you really don't that much more than a secure browsing on top of it. Cue my recommendation of Comodo Dragon....

ZoneAlarm I gave up on as the updates just got worse and worse to the point of being unusable. At the time Norton was pretty atrocious but has improved over the last couple of years. McAfee is a strange beast though where I feel its there but not sure what it's doing.

Comodo is fine providing you remove the geek buddy part. With a bit of research you can manually remove malware. Just ignore it if it scans and finds any issues like I did the other day wink At this point perhaps you should review your backup and restore procedures.

Message 21 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The pc in question doesn't have anything of value in it. It's only really for gaming.

So its only got raid as a backup solution.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 22 of 24

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

RAID isn't really a backup solution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Data_backup

If your controller goes you need to have an identical replacement or all your data is gone. Amongst other things that is.

Reminds me, I really need to rebuild my zfs server to use multiple controllers and backup the snapshots. Sigh, damn expensive business this storage.

Message 23 of 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I do have a spare motherboard that's of the same design (figure it's got the same controller I'm not sure)

Meh the only bad thing that can happen if this comp does is ill upset Virgin by downloading all my games again haha.
Message 24 of 24