Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

McLaren are very fast at this track, and Ricciardo did well to out qualify Norris.

Message 631 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Oh my god. The two championship leaders take each other out.  Hamilton very lucky as Verstappens car landed on top of the Mercedes. Thank god for the halo. Currently both McLarens are leading (Danny Ricc first).

Bottas is flying from 18th to 4th. so far..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 632 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The crash...

Lewis Max Monza.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 633 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And Max has the damn nerve to say 'that's what happens when he doesn't give me enough room' 😡

Red Bull took 11 seconds with Max's pit stop and he came out 9th. He was panicking to make up time after Lewis's far quicker pit stop. Max, when he got out of the car, didn't even check if Lewis was ok.

Ricciardo 1st, Norris 2nd, Bottas 3rd as Perez took a 5 second penalty.

Monza 21.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 634 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was another low speed crash caused by a sausage kerb, they need to get rid of them as they launch the car in to the air. Hamilton was very lucky, for a few seconds I thought he was seriously injured.

But Mercedes again! - 5 second pit stop for Hamilton when he needed a fast stop, it's something every race with them. 

Well done to McLaren though, brilliant stuff, great win by Ricciardo and a fantastic restart after the safety car by Norris he was like a man possessed.

Message 635 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes but @Anonymous Red Bull took 11 seconds with Max's pit  stop and he was driving like a man possessed to beat Lewis with his 4.7sec stop. You could say either of them could have given way, however, Max needs to learn that Lewis has given way enough this year and he had no need to give way this time.

Damon Hill feels exactly the same as me. Toto called it a tactical foul. Oh well!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 636 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay for Danny Ric!

Message 637 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes but @Anonymous Red Bull took 11 seconds with Max's pit  stop and he was driving like a man possessed to beat Lewis with his 4.7sec stop. You could say either of them could have given way, however, Max needs to learn that Lewis has given way enough this year and he had no need to give way this time.

Damon Hill feels exactly the same as me. Toto called it a tactical foul. Oh well!

@Cleoriff Yeah I know RB messed up Verstappen's pitstop big time, but I can't understand Mercedes slow stop of nearly 5 seconds, it was absolutely critical to get Hamilton out in front of Verstappen, there didn't even seem to be a major problem and that's what cost Hamilton points today.

The crash between Hamilton and Verstappen was a racing incident imo, but I'm just about to watch the CH4 highlights now, so will be interesting to take another look and hear some other opinions. 

Message 638 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I'm recording C4 but just found out Max takes a 3 place grid penalty for Sochi as the stewards decided he was predominantly at fault. Good job. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 639 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

FIA.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 640 of 881