Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff A statement from Verstappen is not going to be impartial and proves nothing, they already have all the HD replays and telemetry. It's farcical really. 

Imo, this can only help Hamilton and fluster Vestappen, Hamilton's done it all, he's seven times world champion.

Message 471 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous LOL

Message 472 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hearing that Salty Spice got sent packing!

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 21.23.09.png

Message 473 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

He did indeed @Anonymous. The stewards threw out the new evidence, which apparently included getting Albon to do a lap of Silverstone to try and recreate the incident. What a bloody joke.

All they've done is end up with egg on their faces.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-rejects-red-bull-hamilton-penalty/6638591/ 

Mercedes who have behaved pretty well all things considered, put out this statement after the stewards decision tonight...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-red-bull-tarnish-hamilton/6638731/ 

In a statement issued following the FIA’s ruling, Mercedes welcomed the decision of the stewards, and moved to highlight the recent push by Red Bull’s top management against Hamilton.

“The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team welcomes the decision of the stewards to reject Red Bull Racing’s right of review,” the statement reads.

“In addition to bringing this incident to a close, we hope that this decision will mark the end of a concerted attempt by the senior management of Red Bull Racing to tarnish the good name and sporting integrity of Lewis Hamilton, including in the documents submitted for their unsuccessful right of review.

“We now look forward to going racing this weekend and to continuing our hard-fought competition for the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship.”

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 474 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd love to find out what they actually said about LH & Mercedes.
Message 475 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following makes me laugh (Taken From the BBC website) - How Ludicrous:

Red Bull presented a series of pieces of information they regarded as new evidence to the hearing, including the GPS data from the cars showing their positioning.

They also presented similar data, car speeds and simulation information of Hamilton and Ferrari's Charles Leclerc in the manoeuvre in which the Mercedes driver passed for the lead with two laps to go.

Red Bull used the Leclerc pass to argue Hamilton would have made contact in that move too - if he had been on the same line at the same speed as he was in the Verstappen incident. And they claimed Hamilton needed to brake 23m earlier than he actually did to make the corner.

Message 476 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read it and wondered where their brains were at? Hamilton passed both Norris and Leclerc at Copse without incident. Same speeds. Yes Leclerc went off but despite non Hamilton fans saying 'he got out of the way to avoid being put in the wall', Charles himself said he locked up and ran off the track.

I watched drivers press conference and it was interesting to see Max still bears a grudge and is STILL annoyed about the win and celebration rofl I mean how very dare Mercedes celebrate their win at Lewis's home race in such a manner after a 10 second penalty whilst Max was laying there with multiple injuries , sorry I meant  Max lying winded with a bruised ego and well enough to watch the race from his hospital bed..

Max said, it shows what sort of people they are! I tell you what and I've said this before, if there is an incident at Zandvoort and LH is put into hospital and Max goes on to win....I'm sure Red Bull, their fans AND MAX would celebrate long into the night.

Red Bull have done themselves no favours.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 477 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apparently after that 51G Impact, the engine was sent to Honda and found to be undamaged. Returned to RBR and Max is using it today, therefore he won't get a grid penalty. Perhaps RBR will now shut up about the 51G impact.

Results of FP1

P1 Hungary 21.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 478 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

P2 results.

Max's car did not perform at all well in FP2. A great deal of under or oversteer, Lot to do tonight,

P2 hungary.jpg

Also Red Bull have made a statement that one of their employees has been found out making racist comments on Social Media about Lewis. He has been sacked.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 479 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff That screenshot of P2 is a bit big? - I'm just loading it on to my 24" Monitor (Seriously I am) LOL

Mercedes seem to have found a large injection of pace, taking first and second place in P2 by nearly three tenths, then a huge gap back to 4th and Norris (Usually near the front this season) 1.3 seconds back... Interesting. 

Message 480 of 881