Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I just can't see what Mercedes expected to gain by bringing him in, he was always going to end up back behind Perez. Hamilton was upset when he realised he had lost places, once he had said no to coming in the first time it was too late anyway. Oh well.

Five different winners in the last 6 races though, can't remember the last time that happened.

USA next... 🙂

Message 671 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The FIA have announced the 23 race calendar (hooray) for next year. No China.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-announces-23-race-calendar-for-2022.2HcIP34fK3Z... 

F1 calendar 22.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 672 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Miami 😎

Message 673 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Miami 😎

Yes...love the "Subject to FIA Circuit Homologation"!! Why they can't just say "Approval" 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 674 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really poor Ch4 F1 USA GP coverage this weekend: Qualifying highlights program only just 1 hour long and not scheduled till 8:30 Sunday morning. Race highlights 1 hour 25 mins and doesn't start till gone midnight. 

Can't understand why the qualifying highlights have to be delayed till Sunday breakfast time, or the shorter than normal programs. 

Message 675 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  The Qualifying session doesn't start until 22.00pm until 23.00pm (I can't ever remember it being that late in the US before?!!)

The race on Sunday starts at 20.00 pm

Texas is 6hrs behind us.

Mexico the following week...Qualy 20.00-21.00 ...Race Start 19.00.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 676 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff  Yeah you're right, the qualifying session does seem to be very late this year. I know the race is normally at 19:00 from the USA, but all the races are an hour later this year so that figures. 

I suppose the ultra late qualifying does explain the delayed highlights program on Ch4, but at 1 hour it's still much shorter than their normal program.

Message 677 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here we are at COTA in Texas. Temperature 26c. Track temp 32c.

Practice 1 and Bottas is taking another new ICE this weekend. 5 place grid penalty (as this is his 5th Lol)

Vettel and Russell also taking engine penalties. P1 was showing this is still a Merc track.

P1 Cota.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 678 of 881

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a bad tempered P2 from Verstappen. He did nothing but moan. Called LH a F***ing Idiot as he overtook him for a hot lap. Bear in mind this is P2 NOT qualifying. He then lost his temper again when there was 'too much traffic' stating 'Fek this, I'm boxing.' He did 10 laps. Has also said he will NOT be taking part in the new Drive To Survive as he feels it's fake. Mmmmmmm...more like he doesn't want them to hear what he has to say about LH when apparently 'off Sky cameras.

Alonso finished the session in the wall.

Hamilton did the fastest time which was deleted due to track limits.

P2 COTA.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 679 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that swearing at other drivers is unacceptable, Verstappen does it all the time and it's a very childish characteristic in my opinion. The FIA should clamp down on it.

But it's good for Lewis Hamilton that Max Verstappen is getting rattled, Hamilton is the one with the experience and seven world titles, he needs to keep the pressure on Verstappen!

Message 680 of 881