Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh damn. The tbc race is now confirmed.  NOT Portimao or Istanbul as I hoped but Qatar!! Terrible record of human rights! Night Circuit

Qatar 2021.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 661 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Big surprise. Lando Norris was on This Morning, in the studio with his McLaren. Made Philip Schofields day as he loves F1.

2nd thing Bluff or not. Mercedes have said Lewis 'May be taking an engine penalty in Turkey'?!

YOU WHAT!! This is the race he won on 3 wheels last year. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 662 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Turkey.

Lewis is taking a 10 place grid penalty. Merc have changed just the internal combustion part of the engine. Personally I think that's a bit mad. Being in the middle of the pack at the start is far more dangerous than starting from the back. Anyway P1 results saw LH at the top of the leaderboard

Turkey p1.JPG

I shall be out for lunch during P2....so they may have changed their mind about Ham.. Use the rest of the tokens, change the lot and start him from the back. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 663 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

P2 with Lewis still at the top

Turkey P2.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 664 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't see any of the practice sessions today, Vestappen looks a bit off the pace and behind Perez too... 🤔

Will be interesting to see how Q goes.

Message 665 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lewis put the car on pole but he will start 11th because of the ICE penalty.

Bottas will start on pole.

Turkey Qualifying.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 666 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mercedes are fast here, I fancy Hamilton to get the win tomorrow if he stays out of trouble and gets a good start. 

Message 667 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well a real disappointment for Lewis. He raced on inters in drizzly conditions and moved from 11 up to 3rd. The team asked him to pit on lap 42. He refused as he felt he could have gone to the end. A gamble but that's what he thought. The boxed him on lap 50, 8 laps from the end. He came out in 5th and couldn't progress from there. So a win for Bottas with Max and Perez in 2nd and 3rd. Max is now 6 points ahead in the championship.

Turkey race.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 668 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dreary race.

Fair play to Bottas he drove a good race and deserved the win.

Poor decision by Mercedes to bring Hamilton in near the end, was unnecessary and Hamilton said he was okay with the tyres, it was never going to give him an advantage  - Lost him one maybe two places in the end.

Message 669 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I agree @Anonymous . They lost him 5 points today. Merc are often good at strategy but if they want him to pit on lap 42 then give him the data he needs to hear. He's no rookie. He will never be satisfied with being told just to box, if he feels that car is driving as sweet as a nut.

Everyone knows he is a master of tyre management. He had got himself up into 3rd so of course he didn't want to pit, he would have been fighting Perez again.

Ocon drove the whole race on one set of inters and although he was losing pace they didn't let him down.

I honestly think they lost Lewis 5 points yesterday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 670 of 881