Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great driving by Norris to get pole, McLaren are well and truly back!

But what on earth is going on at Planet Hamilton & Mercedes?  😮

And, Channel 4 has been stuck (Frozen) on the closing credits of the F1 qualifying highlights program for over half an hour! 😲

Message 651 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

What gets me is Toto. I love him really, great team manager but he will not take any criticism of Lewis. He nearly took Damon Hill's head off when he was inferring it was Lewis's  fault.

I'm Hamilton's biggest fan and I can't tell you what I called him when he brushed that pit wall!!

Still it will be interesting tomorrow. Problem is, the first 3 young guns have nothing to lose.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 652 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's just a bad year for Hamilton, maybe just the perfect storm of: Verstappen and RB improvements, the new breed of Russell, Norris and co, and Mercedes having an absolutely awful period.

Hamilton used to be fantastic in the wet or changing conditions, but he has been out qualified twice this season by a Williams, tbh I'm lost for words about that.

Hamilton may well come through for a famous win tomorrow, but nothing, and I mean nothing would surprise me anymore this season.

Message 653 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The thing was @Anonymous he WAS brilliant in the wet today. Him and Bottas topping all qualy sessions. In Q3 Lewis was at the top for 2 runs. No-one came close, then going in to change for slicks he clipped the pit wall.

I suppose even the best messes up. However, as I dislike Red Bull with a passion, I bet they were peeing themselves laughing.. I just want him to show everyone he's still got it tomorrow because I'm sick of people writing him off. I've stayed off the F1 forums today as I saw how delighted people were at him having a nightmare!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 654 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well well well..Mercedes are either very clever or stupid. Bottas is taking another engine penalty this weekend to put him 17th on the grid and ahead of Max.

https://wtf1.com/post/bottas-is-taking-a-shock-engine-penalty-in-sochi-to-put-him-at-the-back-of-the... 

I think they are hoping he will hold up Max. THAT remains to be seen. Bloody hellfire. This will be some race today.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 655 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is great to see so many cars/drivers in the mix, the last race at Monza was looking to be an absolute classic until the coming together of Hamilton and Verstappen (I still 100% think it was a racing incident, as usual Martin Brundle is spot on with his appraisal imo) But it was a shame that Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Norris and others didn't get a a chance to fight it out til the end.

Today could be another absolute classic, with Norris, Russell, Sainz at the front and with Hamilton 4th, then you also have fast cars coming from the back - It's another anything can happen race!

@Cleoriff Get your handbag ready! 🤣

Message 656 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I don't use handbags.... my foot will just kick the telly.😂

I have a feeling if Alonso gets ahead of Hamilton at any point, he will hold him up. No love lost between those two as LH as a rookie schooled the 2xwdc. Lol.

Alonso has made no secret of the fact he thinks Max is the better driver...(yeah right)

Anyway, I'm not daft. Lewis needs a brilliant start today and to keep out of trouble of those front running young guns who have nothing to lose, whilst LH has.

Mercedes need to be on point with strategy as well. Less of the cockups of recent times!!

Not sure whether Bottas with his tactical engine change will be good enough to hold up Mad Max. Someone posted this which made me laugh..

Max Bottas.png

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 657 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was a race to savour after all. Max from the back to 2nd. Lando leading all the way until the rain came and then refusing to pit for slicks....off he went and ended up 8th.

Lewis got his 100th F1 win, never been achieved before.

Sochi race.jpg

Sochi Lewis.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 658 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for his 100th GP Win, an incredible achievement.  

Unreal that Verstappen managed to get second place from starting at the back, when you consider the good pace by a lot of teams today, it just doesn't seem possible really without a safety car or something - Makes me scratch my head.

Absolute disaster by McLaren with Norris, why take such a stupid risk when you are leading the race, and leading the race on pace and not by just luck or chance. And, then to then leave him out even longer, as if he is some kind of magical rain racer that can drive on slicks in a torrent of rain and somehow can get through it - Absolute madness. 

Message 659 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  The thing was Lando has to take responsibility for that if you heard his radio messages.

He refused to come in twice. Only agreed to pit when he went off and Lewis took the lead.

Surprised he got driver of the day after that mistake, I think it belonged to Max (says she through gritted teeth) 😂

Anyway, he's 21 and will learn. Loved the way he came over to Lewis at the end and gave him such a big hug. I will have a great siesta. sleeping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 660 of 881