Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very surprised at Verstappen's words (Orchestrated by Horner and RB no doubt) I can understand him wanting to blame Hamilton for the incident (That's part of the game) But to suggest everybody should be sombre and Mercedes not celebrate a win is utterly ridiculous, it would of course be different if Verstappen had been seriously injured.

Red Bull = Dummy/Toys/Pram! And the dummy is Horner!

Message 461 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Compare Horner of yesterday with Horner in Spain....(Overly delighted at the thought of Max putting Lewis in the fence!!)

“Turn 1 was mega. I mean Max, that was full Max Verstappen – he was just going for it – and he positioned the car fantastically well,” said Horner after the Spanish GP. “He tucked in, he got a little bit of a tow and a bit of momentum. And yeah he just braked later and ran the car wide. Thankfully Lewis had got out of it because otherwise he would have ended up in the fence,” he added.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hamilton-explains-his-cautious-start-in-spain-as-horner-says-his-drivers.2lU7c1wC1oSYZOMLMy9ijd.html 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 462 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Haha, yeah that's about right - hypocritical for sure.

I'm glad that incident happened tbh (With no serious injuries of course) It was about time we saw some real racing, It was mad (but fair) racing right from the lights and both drivers were right on the edge, there were many times either driver could have taken the other one out.

That was the Hamilton of old, not giving an inch.

Verstappen is a great driver but he's shown himself out to be a bit of a baby imo.

Can't wait for the next race.

Message 463 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 464 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Horner is very forgetful. He once made the statement about Max 'He's a brilliant driver. He goes for it. I don't mind if he writes the car off as long as he goes for it'.

Him and Marko have never shut up about this accident, conveniently forgettin Mercedes and Williams wrote off their cars when Bottas and Russell collided in Imola. They can both afford to repair their cars. It's a lot of money for Williams.

They are also still considering bringing in lawyers to overturn the stewards penalty on Hamilton.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Max. Surrounded by all the worst people in the world. His nasty wife beating father, Helmut madman Marko and Horner who has never shut up about this accident.

Criticising Mercedes for celebrating Lewis's home win at Silverstone while Max lay in hospital winded with a bruised ego, nothing else.

RBR inciting the most terrible, vile racist abuse towards Hamilton. All because LH decided, after backing out 3 times at races against Verstappen, decided THIS time it wasn't going to happen.

Sick, vile team are RBR.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 465 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
TBF I knew the caps were coming but I didn't realise they were so low, and i've never heard of any team asking for recompense for a crash. Maybe that's the future.. let's face it they've brought in dafter rules before!
Message 466 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all so OTT from RB, racing is racing and cars are the safest they have ever been. I mean crying about the cost the accident - Seriously? It's just ridiculous from RB.

Remember this from Monaco? Racing is Racing, stuff happens. 

Message 467 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff RedBull have indeed requested a review of the penalty handed to Hamilton at Silverstone, it is to take place on Thursday via video link. They need to provide new evidence (What new evidence could they possibly have I wonder) It seems very unlikely that any extra penalty would be sanctioned.

Message 468 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Yes I've just read it. Apparently their new evidence may include a statement from Max. How relevant that will be is anyone's guess. As he shot into the barrier with a 51G impact, I can't see how he will remember much about anything.

For the review case to go further, Red Bull will need to provide proof that a "significant and relevant" new element has come to light since the accident.

I can't see how anything will happen. The FIA statement said 'car 44 was predominantly at fault' which means car 33 was partially at fault as well.

The joke is, this would NOT be happening had Hamilton not won. Even with a 10 second penalty he smashed it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-lodges-fia-request-to-review-silverstone-f1-clash/6637565/?utm_source=07272021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=motorsport-weekly-newsletter&_bta_tid=18924002775476435828087217183171390873494488500427299507849502969871754655430447191304925947088396390411 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 469 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Karen' Horner is trending..

Salty Spice is also on the up

twitter_6fbbd1a86390e1bae1696eca0b30881a.jpeg

Message 470 of 881