Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Yeah Verstappen did have a good start, but all things being equal Hamilton should get the jump once in a while over Verstappen, but it never seems to happen. If the Red Bull is faster off the line (And it sure looks that way) Then why? There is no launch control permitted and Mercedes is the pace setter with technology. I just thought the way Hamilton commented on it after the race he was a bit sceptical - but maybe that's just my cynical mind.

And with Russell, how ridiculous again, just like in Austria - Stewards OTT.  

Message 451 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just watched the Ch4 - Gotcha - of Verstappen in a taxi with Ben Edwards posing as a taxi driver, pretty funny but why is Verstappen not using a seat belt!

Message 452 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I'm watching Sky. About ready to start. Re Verstappen fast off the line ...his brakes were burning on the clutch before 'launch. Lewis had wheel spin. Poor start.

Also with all the changes they took away from Merc last year cost them. Party mode etc.....also changes suited the low rake cars (Red Bull) and disavantaged high rake Mercedes.

Oh well off to watch. My grandson is there and he says its brill!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 453 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Oh dear. Great start but it had to happen. Lewis and Max came together and Max went into the barrier. So he is out. Just waiting to see if any penalties given . To me, it's a racing incident.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 454 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah racing incident at the start, it was six and half a dozen between them, the pundits were bigging up the penalty on Ch4 but if you take it as a whole right from the start, it was just hard racing by both.

Horner is trying to make a real meal of it imo.

Message 455 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant performance by Hamillton, what a win! He had to get a win this weekend and he did, the big bonus is that Verstappen didn't finish so the points gap was closed. Okay a bit of luck, but you have to say that Verstappen blew it really, he didn't need to push so hard with his points advantage.

Message 456 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Superb win by Lewis. I saw the crash as a racing incident. Max has bullied people enough during his career and this time Lewis wasn't giving an inch.

Despite a 10 second penalty it shows the class of LH that he went on to win.

Horner and Marko from RBR particularly nasty even after his penalty. Marko thinks he should have a race ban!

I think LH showed today that he wont be backing off when Max comes close.

Silv. Results.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 457 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a bad accident and I'm glad Verstappen is okay, but Horner was completely OTT about it on Ch4 after the race.

That was good hard racing, and you have to look at the whole series of manoeuvres not just the last bit - That's why Hamilton only got a 10 sec penalty, and that was fair enough.

Message 458 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

He's got 2 points on his licence as well. Bit harsh I think.

Verstappen tweeted from hospital "He was ok after such dangerous driving from Hamilton. He thought it was very poor taste to watch  Mercedes celebrating their win whilst he was in hospital"

EXCUSE me you arrogant git...you were winded and sustained no injury whatsoever Hardly a Roman Grosjean incident!!

Why wouldn't Merc celebrate Lewis's brilliant recovery drive, going on to win after a 10 second penalty. Also Max how come you were well enough to watch the race whilst laid up in hospital?

Red Bull did themselves no favours today. Horner screaming and hollering he hoped Lewis was proud of himself and EVERY driver knew you didn't overtake at high speeds at Copse Corner. Well Lewis did it twice after the Max incident with Norris and Leclerc and no-one crashed or came to grief. Add to that stupid Helmut Marko yelling Hamilton should have a race ban.

Both conveniently forgetting their boy didn't gain the nickname Crashstappen for nothing.

Add to that, the only reason Hamilton got a penalty was due to Max being carted off to hospital in an ambulance. Normally NO penalties are given on the first lap.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 459 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Of course my grandson was gutted. He has had these tickets for nearly 2 years and his favourite driver is Max. There he was in his Verstappen T shirt and Red Bull cap and one lap later, it was all over for him!

Mind you he loved the race, thought LH did brilliantly and came away happy enough.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 460 of 881