Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

Verstappen's still got that quarter of a second in his pocket, same as Practice 2. Only 2 tenths between Hamilton, Bottas and Perez.....

Message 331 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this, the sound! Smiley Very Happy

Message 332 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hesketh.  Didn't last long but James Hunt was one of their drivers.yahoo

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2015/6/when-the-playboys-beat-the-big-boys---remembering... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 333 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a race. A mistake from Max on the first bend gave Lewis the lead. Sadly Merc strategy is all over the place at the moment. Max pitted for a second time then hunted Lewis down who was on 38lap tyres. I still thought LH might pull a rabbit out of the hat as he was still in the lead by lap 51...but Max got DRS and caught him.

Bottas was fuming. In 3rd but knew his tyres wouldn't last and wanted a two stop but I think they wanted to use him to hold Max up...so he came 4th.

Mercedes really need to look at their strategy!

No description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 334 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
Danny Ric in 6th.. loving it!
Message 335 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff There was no Mercedes Stategy - Leave both cars out on old tyres? - Brilliant scream

Hamilton even called it after the first stop, he said to his engineer: Make sure we get the undercut next time.

Hamilton pitted on lap 19 out of 58, Verstappen went past Bottas and Hamilton at the end like they were standing still. I can't understand Mercedes this season at all.

Message 336 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Red Bull returned the strategy favour as payback for Barcelona and Hungary last year.

They need to pull their damn finger out. Too many mistakes. It was no satisfaction to hear James Vowles apologise to Lewis over the radio claiming it was their fault.

Bottas, at post race interview, was asked if he thought the team had cost him a podium? To which he replied 'They certainly did'.

I usually like Rosbergs commentary but when he said he thought 'Lewis would have put up more of a fight defending first place', I thought what a pretty stupid comment, when anyone could see LH's tyres were basically down to the rims!

Having said all that, it was a great race on what is usually a really boring track.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 337 of 881

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No surprise to me @jonsie . Another event part of the 'Governments Testing Policy'.

The only 'good' thing is, the track is 3 miles long (unlike Wimbledon and Wembley) so spread out more. People will have to show proof of double vaccination at least 14 days before.

Ben is going.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 339 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at Bottas in the standings - 5th. He has had two DNF's already this season though

Norris is doing a great job in 4th.

It's still fairly close at the top, but I think it's a must for Hamilton to get a least one win out of the next two races, or Verstappen could end up more than a race win ahead by Silverstone.

F1_Temp.jpg

Message 340 of 881