Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see Australia has now been moved to Nov 21
Message 11 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes and thankfully China has gone to the unconfirmed list. Imola is back....

This will change but is the new one. (I hope they shove Portimao in the gap)

Image may contain: ‎text that says "‎בR 26-28 MAR UPDATED202 2021 SEASON CALENDAR SAKHIR R2 R13 IMOLA R3 03-05 SEPT LANDS ZANDVOORT 10-12 SEPT 30 APR-OZ MAY TBC TBC R14 MONZA R4 R15 07-09 MAY BARCELONA SEPT RUSSIA SOCHI R5 R16 MAY MONACO 01-03 OCT SINGAPORE R6 R17 04-06 JUN BAJAN BAKU 08-10 OCT SUZUKA R7 R18 11-13JUN CANADA MONTREAL OCT AUSTIN R8 29-31 OCT CASTELLET MEXICO CITY R9 R20 05-07 NOV BRAZIL AOPAULO R10 R21 02-04 JUL SPIELBERG 16-18 JUL KINGDOM SILVERSTONE JUL-01 AUG BUDAPEST NOV בבR MELBOURNE S道 R22 DEC ARABIA JEDDAH R12 R23 27-29 AUG GUល SPA 10-12 DEC DHABI YAS ISLAND‎"‎

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
So Renault now Alpine..
Message 13 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So Renault now Alpine..

Yes.

In other news. Charles Leclerc has Covid19. Now isolating at home.

Lewis Hamilton contract. No news, other than speculation.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
If he doesn't sign before the season starts they should just leave him out of it. He might think he's invaluable but without a team he's just an ego
Message 15 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

As no-one knows anything of the contract negotiations, I think that's a pretty strong statement to make.

I have never seen any sign of over inflated ego with LH.

Toto and Mercedes have said all the rumours flying around regarding anything to do with the contract are just that. Rumours. No-one invites the press to sit in on contract discussions.

If I was to make a guess it's probably contract length which is the sticking point.

I haven't heard he is asking for any more than the 40 mill he was on for the last 3 years.

I just want to put this out here. No-one said one word when Vettel was on 60mill at Ferrari in 2018. Alonso on 40 mill at McLaren before he retired. No-one moaned and those two did sweet FA for the team.

On the other hand LH brings 200 million to Mercedes in sponsorship and prize money.

When he joined the team, Merc stock was worth xx millions. Now it's worth xx billions.

It's been said 'anyone can win in that car'. Certainly can, although Bottas has failed to beat LH in 3 years. As Danny Ricciardo said, 'yes we might win, but could we do it with consistency and supreme skill over a year. I doubt it, that's why Lewis has won 11 out of the 17 races last season'.

Just to add, LH isn't among the top 20 highest paid sportspeople in the world. Federer leads the list, followed by Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar. The rest of the list is made up of UK basketball players.

So apparently, if you bat, kick or throw a ball you are worth more than a F1 driver who races at 200kph for our entertainment.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ola K of Mercedes stating it's about money.. and if that is true, coming from the guy who voted for wage caps in 2022 is a bit of a p#£& take. And now you've got Eddie Jordan telling us what he knows.
So yes if it's about money and how much 'he' thinks he's worth then it's 'ego' nothing more.

Without looking back on the thread you mentioned something about a slice of the winning.. was that not about money?

Its all a bunch of refried cow pies. Hamilton is a driver, a good driver but a driver. An employee who now believes he should own part of his employers company. His employer compensates him extremely well for being an outstanding driver. Lets remember that his job description is to negotiate a track with a car. Included in that is being responsible for maintaining an acceptable relationship with his fans. but that is being hampered by his ego and self centered attitude

I saw this and thought yeah.. I could've typed that and felt good about putting it out there

Message 17 of 881

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ola Kallenius was removed from the negotiating talks 2 weeks ago. After he made the comment that Hamilton should have an all black team on his side of the paddock.

If Hamilton doesn't race next year, I will still watch F1, as it's the sport I love, not just because Hamilton is in it.

As for Eddie Jordan, when did he suddenly become relevant? Never has been for years.

(Or has he been sitting in on the contract talks as well?)

I have no doubt that Kallenius thinks they could get someone cheaper, like George Russell. The guy who came 9th on the easiest track on the calendar. Even though they cocked up the pitstop, they didn't give him the puncture. Wouldn't have happened had Hamilton had been racing. He would have refused the pitstop, said my tyres are fine and raced to the win.

As for your comment written in heavy black....well totally presumptious really. He has brought Mercedes 6 world championships. They were nothing when he went there. 5th in the WCC. They won the constructors the year after he joined. If Hamilton has lost fans, it's more to do with his fight to end racism and encourage diversity in the sport he loves.

If you are going to make statements @Anonymous  then please have the courtesy to include links. It helps make your comments relevant.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76606/hamilton-asks-for-too-much-money-how-on-earth-do-they-know-that.html?campname=highlighted-content&camplink=inarticle2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 881

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Happy Dance Popcorn

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 881