Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Although the season has yet to begin and we won't see the cars till next month when testing begins, I will start this thread off by wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 35th Birthday

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, car and shoes, possible text that says 'Happy'

This may be the year he wins his 7th WDC equalling Michael Schumacher. Who knows? He will certainly have Ferrari and the Red Bulls chasing him. Also with some luck and more power in the Honda engine, I am expecting McLaren to be in the mix as well....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 553
552 REPLIES 552

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just the usual order then!

Yep, no change, though at one time it did look as if Max would snatch it. Look at the gap between them though. Hardly anything in it!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 471 of 553

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are we predicting the order then?
Message 473 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I'm not so sure that Russell will do as well in the race?

1) He has never started at the front before...

2) He is too big for the car. It's an 87 lap track and the car is built for LH. It's a long time for him to keep up the momentum. We already know the seat is uncomfortable (it was made for George 4 years ago when he did a test for Mercedes) Add to that he is squeezing his size 11 feet into size 10 shoes.

If Bottas gets a good start he will be away into the sunset. Max won't be messing about either.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 474 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hells teeth. I bet Mercedes are annoyed they have given Bottas a contract for next year!

What a start.

Both Max and Leclerc are out. Bottas gets a good start then gets himself all out of shape and is overtaken by Russell who is currently in the lead. How bloody embarrassing for him.

Unless anything untoward happens, the Mercs will win. Currently 24 seconds ahead of the 3rd place car of Stroll!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 475 of 553

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not in a position to watch but it sounds fab.
Let’s hope he can keep his composure!

Got everything crossed here!
Message 476 of 553

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Well that was exciting!

Well done Perez _ finally wins after 191 attempts

Shame Russell got the puncture when 2nd and bigger shame they put the wrong tyres on for him

Message 477 of 553

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Let down by the team..... badly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 478 of 553

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

What a c**k up by Mercedes!! Or as Toto said at the end when interviewed "A Colossal  F**k Up"

Thought George Russell had this in the bag. If nothing else he proved he is a much better driver than Bottas.

Can't help thinking LH would have managed his tyres better and refused to pit under safety car.

Also despite the Mercedes major mistake, they did not give George the puncture at the end.

All that said, Perez drove a magnificent race. Came from 18th to win. Fully deserved and ridiculous that he hasn't got a seat for next year. Should put him in the Red Bull next to Max.

Just to finish. Grosjean will not drive at Abu Dhabi for the last race. No surprise to me, burns take a long time to heal.  However, Mercedes have offered him a drive in one of their cars, as this is his last season in F1.

What a race.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 479 of 553

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can’t wait to read the write up
Message 480 of 553