Did you mean: 

Formula 1 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Starting a new thread (before the last one gets split again)...:smileytongue:

It is 2018, The year of the Halo... Like it or hate it, it will be implemented as part of new FIA rules

None of the 2018 cars have been revealed yet (that happens in February) but this is how it will look

Image result for Fi Mercedes cars with Halo

Most drivers' aren't keen but are having to toe the party line...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 690
689 REPLIES 689

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks for the info @Anonymous. Nice to see someone else commenting on the thread..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 690

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I only really like race days, not really into all this testing and practice. I leave that to the experts and I can't really get excited about F1 until those five lights go green. Sorry....😕

Message 72 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It's been a long dry F1 free winter since November so I can get excited about all of it. Been busy today following live feeds from Sky.  Motorsport and Autosport. Fascinating watching all the cars in testing even though many of the big boys will be sandbagging until the start of the season in Australia. I shall watch every days testing this week and next 😎

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 690

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I would expect nothing less of you @Cleoriff and I know you are an avid devotee of anything and everything  F1 and I just sometimes wish that I could take more of an interest in the lead up to the season starting in earnest and possibly join in conversations but to be frank I would be posting just for the sake of it. Mind you these days there is little that does interest me.

Message 74 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Each to their own @jonsie. I don't like football rugby or cricket. Happy enough with tennis and snooker but F1 tops my leader board.  Be boring if we all liked the same lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 690

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I admit I love my football and to a lesser extent both codes of rugby. But at one time I could have told you the name of every player of every team in the top flights of footy both here and much of Europe though those days have long since gone. Nowadays I just like to watch a game without reading or watching the build ups and unless something happens  during a game such as a controversial incident, I don't bother reading reports after the game is over. At one time I used to watch the F1 Cup final build up from early morning until the tv broadcast was finished. Not now, I'm happy to watch sporting events, thoroughly enjoy them and form opinions of my own. The Saturday nights spent discussing or arguing about games in the pub with mates won't happen again unless I get back home.

Message 76 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Other sports fans are lucky they can see most of their sports televised ad infinitum. Even in off season.

Not so F1. The biggest build up to the sport after months away is revealing the cars and testing.

You could only see the reveals online. Testing makes a mockery of the fact we have a dedicated F1 channel.

We had to follow it live online and in the evening on Sky F1 we had a whole 15 minutes of coverage. and then 30 minutes of Teds notebook telling us everything we knew or read.

True F1 fans deserve better than that. Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Mercedes doing well with Bottas, so Lewis wont be going out today for testing.

It's also the coldest testing ever in Barcelona..Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Looks as if winter testing might be put on hold today in Barcelona....scream

Image may contain: outdoor

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 690

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

So you will have plenty of time to get out into the garden and give it a tidy up.... 😂 

Message 80 of 690